4.0 out of 5 stars yum, 3 Jun 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: New Cookery Year (Hardcover)
for someone who doesn't cook, this book is a godsend! after my original copy fell apart from overuse, i was heart broken so i was relieved to find the updated version, packed with many more scrumptious recipes and glossy pictures. Its even better when one of your own creaions actually looks like the picture!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 13 Oct 2009
Mrs. Morag Burton "Polymath" (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Cookery Year (Hardcover)
The book arrived quickly and in excellent condition. It was a replacement for an earlier edition that met a sad fate. This is such a fantastic book for giving basic information (cooking times, cuts of meat etc) as well as interesting recipes that I would recommend it unreservedly to novice and experienced cooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you Need!!, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: New Cookery Year (Hardcover)
My Mum had the original version of this so I grew up with it. When I got married the first thing I did was buy the newer version and it did not disappoint. The Chillie Con Carne recipe is fantastic as is the moussaka (I use potatoes instead of aubergines). It's a real family recipe book.

5.0 out of 5 stars cookery year, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: New Cookery Year (Hardcover)
my mother gave me an original copy of this book and it was starting to fall apart, great find from my husband use it daily a well recommended present

5.0 out of 5 stars New Cookery Year, 7 Feb 2012
T. Bransbury (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Cookery Year (Hardcover)
I had had my original copy since early 70s and it was falling apart. Really pleased to see that it was still available on Amazon and now have the pleasure of this updated copy with its excellent recipes and photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever cook book, 2 April 2014
This review is from: New Cookery Year (Hardcover)
One of the best cookery books produced. Has everything in it you will ever need. Great recipes, easy to use and great variety.Had to replace my old copy as it got destroyed

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: New Cookery Year (Hardcover)
Simple review - a truly great book for all levels of skill, very clear and useful advice! I would recommend to all those who love cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars The essential cookbook, 12 Mar 2014
Duncan Smith (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Cookery Year (Hardcover)
My mother gave me my first copy of this, with an extra sheet to convert to centigrade (as some modern ovens may use it) when I was 18. I have learned so much from it. It has recipes, that's a given, though that they're seasonal is now de rigeur again. The recipes are good, but that's not why the book is great.

The first section shows you the food. What a snape is, how to choose an artichoke, about a selection of cheeses, where a chateaubriand comes from in a cow. There are so many useful diagrams and snippets of information about buying food that are often left to chance, especially to a person staring out on their own.

The latter part of the book, after the recipes has cooking basics. Techniques, what they are and how to do them. Want to know what blind baking is, it's there, beating rather than folding, it's included. It shows how to carve meat, how to separate an egg yolk, literally from the basics of boiling an egg and making an omelette to roasting times for all kinds of meat.

I have other cookery books for recipes or history, but nothing will ever replace this in my kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reading but some expensive meals!, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: New Cookery Year (Hardcover)
We love reading this book, and have enjoyed the recipes we've tried, but a lot of the ingredients (particularly the meat) are very expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chritsmas gift, 19 April 2013
Mrs. Linda Walker (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Cookery Year (Hardcover)
I have had this book since 70's my son said he would like a copy as its so useful with tips and menu plans etc. I was so surprised to find a new copy as i thought it was out of print. He loved it and i am sure will make good use of as i have done over the years.

New Cookery Year
New Cookery Year by Reader's Digest (Hardcover - 25 Oct 1996)
Used & New from: 0.80