on 27 October 2012
It's been a long time since I have had to be interviewed for any job so when I was made redundant from my last job, I knew I would need all the help I could get as the jobs market is so competitive. Having already used James' books to prepare me a winning CV, I figured that this book would be just as useful and I wasn't wrong! Not only did it help me to prepare for the different types of interview that I may face but also made me understand just what I should and should not say and ask. This book is an absolute must for anybody facing a dreaded interview!
on 21 November 2012
Interviews can be terrifying, so any help on them is much appreciated. This book goes further than that with a step-by-step guide on how you should approach an interview, the planning you should do beforehand, even down to how you present yourself - very important for those first impressions. There's also a quick guide at the front in case you haven't got time to go through the whole book. The best bit though is the section on common mistakes, and how to avoid them. They might seem obvious but well worth noting before stepping inside that interview room!
on 3 January 2013
Having already bought James's first two books (The CV Book and The Cover Letter Book)I have to admit to having high expectations for his third book. Luckily I wasn't disappointed - James clearly knows his stuff and this book takes you through everything you could possibly need to think about once you have secured that all-important interview date. It's cleverly written to be relevant to a wide range of people and roles and the clearly written comprehensive advice and information applies whether it's your 1st or your 21st interview!
on 30 October 2012
This book is extrememly well written, allowing the reader to clearly pick up the advice and guidance needed for a positive interview. I didnt want a book that waffled on about nonsense ... more of a reference point and practical tips.

This book provides it all - i can skim through and easily see the pages relevant for me.

Key interview questions are given with easy to remember answers, able to be applied to anyone.

Another winner from James Innes!!!
on 13 November 2012
Having been out of the jobs market for a while I was nervous on starting the recruitment process all over again. It had been several years since my last interview, and time and two kids have really taken their toll on my confidence. This book has provided the focus and guidance I needed, reminding me of the skills and expertise I have, how to get them across to demonstrate to the interviewer (and me!) that I am a strong candidate for the position. Definitely recommended!
on 21 April 2013
I bought this book (The Interview Book: 'Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview') instead of 'The Interview Question & Answer Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Best Answers to Even the Toughest Interview...' based on a review. The review said one book was included in the other. That is not true.

There are 65 questions listed at the back of this book without answers. The answers are in 'The Interview Question & Answer Book' and not in 'The Interview Book'.

This book is not definitive as additional information is in the other book. I am not happy as I wanted all the information.

The information that is actually in this book is, however, very good.
on 29 November 2012
Giving great advice about what to expect in job interviews, how to prepare yourself, and how to sell yourself to potential employers. Despite covering really important issues, it is written in an easy to read and fairly lighthearted way which is such a relief - interviews are stressful enough! Will tell you just about everything you need to know before your interview and fill you with confidence, which is half the battle.
on 3 August 2014
Very, very useful. The "top ten questions" covered most of the interviews I attended. I was very successful as a result, one interview ended with them trying to persuade me to take the job.
Only downside is I managed to ace an interview for a job which wasn't right for me (and me for it) so I ended up looking for another one three months later. Luckily I had this really handy book......
on 2 November 2012
I got this book because the other two I read from James Innes - 'The CV book' and 'The Interview Book' were really easy to read and helped me secure three job interviews. This book seems just as helpful. There are some really great tips and I can dip in and out of it and read the bits I think will be most relevant to me. I think I'm going to be much more confident in my future interviews.
on 23 October 2012
Another excellent book by James Innes, of whom I'm fast becoming a big fan. Very readable and packed full of brilliant little tips - I found the list of the most common mistakes people make expecially useful. I'm sure I've made many of them in the past, but never will again! Very useful, especially if, like me, you haven't been for a job interview in a long time.