5.0 out of 5 stars Business Training, 1 May 2013
This review is from: FT Guide to Business Training (Financial Times Series) (Paperback)
I manage people in a construction sales business and as part of my role have to train my team. I bought this book out of curiosity to see if there were tricks I was missing . I am delighted I did as the FT Guide to Business Training really delivers. Some business books can be a little tedious - this is the opposite. Full of practical ideas and techniques which will help me train and motivate my people. Thanks Tom & Jerry - really useful and I hope it does well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 29 April 2013
I have no hesitation in recommending this book. What I like particularly is that it covers the key elements of the training `cycle' and focuses on practical tips and priorities in each. From the key elements of a training needs analysis through design of a training programme, delivery and then evaluating the results, this book focuses on what you need to do to create results. Rather than try to provide huge detail on each topic it provides the key things to think about for each. I have already taken lots of ideas from it that I know will be incorporated into my training programmes going forward. I like the focus on learning transfer and thinking about the wider context for training and the conversations to have with stakeholders. Already a great return on the cost of the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very impressive effort, 29 April 2013
I came to this book somewhat cautiously as I'm an experienced trainer. I have read lots of books on the subject and completed numerous programmes on training and facilitation. But this book really is an impressive effort. I think it's spot on with its analysis and has some really useful practical ideas about how to really make business training stick. So many of the challenges that this book uncovers resonated deeply with me and I strongly believe that training done well can really have a positive impact in peoples' lives. The FT Guide to Business Training will certainly help the cause! It is extremely comprehensive and the free resource pack that the website offers was an unexpected but useful bonus. I would definitely recommend this book if you are in the training game.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is very comprehensive - a 'bible'., 30 April 2013
As an educatinal manager overseeing over 100 staff I regularly received and provided CPD and In Service Training....... and I wish that this concise yet comprehensive 'bible' had been available 15 years ago! I see this book as being an invaluable resource for anyone involved in providing HR support, L&D, CPD and In Service Training, and would certsinly help the next generation of business professionals to create and provide more interesting and effective training - and I'm sure that university students folowing Business, HR and even Psychology courses would find this book an excellent investment The free on-line resource pack is an added and unexpected bonus! Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and accessible. A great resource., 24 May 2013
This is a great book! It covers everything you need to know from the start to finish of the training process. So far I have dipped in to read the areas that have caught my interest in the Trainer as a Performer section, and there are some really great ideas here that have got me re-thinking my approach. I can see that I will get good use from this book as there is so much here - it's a great resource for any trainer and definitely deserves its place on your book shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and well-written, 25 April 2014
Great book - very practical, with lots of applicable advice, but at the same time well-balanced with just enough theory to back it up. Well-written and enjoyable. I'd recommend it to anyone whose work includes personnel training and develpment. I think a professional of any level will find something useful here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book on Business Training - Professor M.S.Rao, International Leadership Guru and Author of 22 Books on Leadership, 10 Sept. 2013
The book offers tools and models that help you to become a successful business trainer and educator. It helps you improve the quality in all aspects of your training needs analysis, planning and delivery. It reveals the secrets of outstanding business training to enable you to improve your reputation and outcomes. In a nutshell, the book covers A to Z of training useful for novice and experts.

This book is a must read for trainers, educators, mentors, coaches and leaders who are keen to acquire the tools and models of training and learn the ropes of business training to excel as corporate trainers. Enjoy reading this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must have!, 22 Oct. 2013
Looking for ways to improve and develop my career I was told to get a copy of this book and it was possibly the best step I have made. The format, layout and principles of the book really resonate and speak clearly to my needs as a trainer. The ideas give great food for thought and the subjects covered answered all my questions and led me to find answers to some I didn't even know I was asking. Tom Bird and Jeremy Cassell should be proud of this body of work and congratulated on what they have produced, helping all those that have the good fortune of finding this book succeed in the business of training!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really covers the subject, 24 Oct. 2013
As a very experienced presenter I thought that I would have covered a lot of the material in this book already - but I was wrong. I learned so much that was completely new to me.
I particularly liked the use of learning frameworks and I wish that I had known years ago about the "4 A's" method of dealing with questions from the audience.
It was very readable and I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone involved in training business audiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely accessible, 1 May 2013
As I am considering a career in training and HR I decided to buy this book and am thrilled that I did! The FT Guide to Business Training was thoroughly comprehensive and extremely accessible to read. I found the role of training styles and the trainer as performer to be of particular interest. It bursts with practical techniques of how to structure your training. Along with the bonus of online resources, this book is like the Business Training `Bible'.

FT Guide to Business Training (Financial Times Series)
FT Guide to Business Training (Financial Times Series) by Jeremy Cassell (Paperback - 18 April 2013)