5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful
I'm currently using this textbook alongside an Introduction to Accounting open unit at university. It explains ideas in a very clear and easy manner, and every new concept is illustrated with an example. A highly recommended purchase.
Published on 9 Nov. 2009 by E. Presley

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, bad online resource
Book is very detailed, good for a beginner student however note: there are quite a few questions on the My Accounting Lab where the answers given are wrong!
Published on 5 Nov. 2012 by Shirlz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 9 Nov. 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent student companion, 9 Feb. 2009
K. Jessani - See all my reviews
This book is brilliant when it comes to all the accounting procedures and explanations but lacks a certain analytical dimension. In my view this book is better than my friends newer version simply because it has bigger more spaced out pages, better diagram type explanations and examples. As far as I understand, the accounts formats have not changed too much between this and the newer book. Its simpler to understand this version and especially if English is your second language, the wordings are easier.
The on line support is great and I think makes up quite well for being an older book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Book for Beginners, 18 May 2010
Amazing book, perfect for the beginners in the finance field.

The writing style is very easy and very attractive at the same time.

I really recommend the book for starters.

5.0 out of 5 stars clearly written and presented, 21 Oct. 2011
An excellent book written and arranged with clarity. The diagrams presented throughout this book are also excellent and appropriate. Covers the basics to a good depth in many areas. I purchased this book as it was required reading for my sons university course, but I have also experienced many years in corporate life dealing with company finances, as such I happily recommend this book. Even if you are not studying accounting I would say this book falls under the description `accounting for non financial managers' the subject matter at hand is that clearly explained.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accounting: An Introduction, 9 Mar. 2009
Ms. L. Tylee - See all my reviews
The book arrived in perfect condition, all sealed up, and was delievered within a few days of processing the order. I am very pleased with this item

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Soon!, 30 Mar. 2012
I received this 827 page text book about 2 weeks ago and the course i am using it for started 3 days ago. The reading schedule we have been set is quite aggressive but thankfully, not so aggressive that I could possibly provide a review yet. What I have read is easy to follow, well organised and systematically lays out accounting fundamentals but Amazon must be nuts to think I could provide a review already. You should really consider the book that is being purchased when scheduling review requests.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accounting: An Introduction by McLarney & Atrill, 5 Feb. 2009
Martin Mc Crystal (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This was an excellent resourse, which clearly explained financial concepts that previously I would have found very difficult to grasp.

5.0 out of 5 stars AAT LEVEL 2-4, 1 Sept. 2012
Found it amazing value for money under 3 quid used! It first introduced me to accounting to nvq level 2, in my opinion races towards level 3, then diploma level. Easy to understand with questions and answers. I would recommended reading with Osbourne books level 2, after a few chapters. I read a few pages a day, and got a comprehensive idea of business accounting or financial accounting principles. Cannot recommend this book enough. BUY II!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book to kick start your accounting studies, 26 Jan. 2012
This book is absolutely brilliant! I have never studied accounting before and I struggled for a long while to find the right introductory textbook...and there it is! The new edition is up-to-date and it is extremely helpful to move first steps in the field of financial/managerial accounting. If you're looking for a basic comprehensive textbook, this is definitely the right option! Great value-for-money, indeed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 8 Mar. 2012
Bought this book for school purposes as it is really necessary for my studies. I am happy with the book and think it was worth the money. Good purchase.
Though, the covers/case are/is of strong material, the book itself is paperback, I think, thus you have to be a bit careful with it as the pages can break quite easy. Nevertheless, I do not regret buying it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Accounting: an Introduction with MyAccountingLab Access Card
Accounting: an Introduction with MyAccountingLab Access Card by Dr Peter Atrill (Paperback - 28 Jun. 2012)
Used & New from: £15.73