5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal
Published 16 months ago by mastles

2.0 out of 5 stars Pedestrian and mundane
Having read and really enjoyed Liquid Leadership I was great things from this book. I was disappointed with it. It seemed to be a mish mash of recycled facts that I've read in other books recently. I learned nothing new from this at all. Not worth buying
Published 15 months ago by tonybaloney

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, 8 Mar 2013
A number of weeks ago a friend of mine was at a seminar where Damian was one of the guest speakers, she was so impressed with what he has to say that she couldn't wait to tell My wife and myself about it, she mentioned that he had also written a number of books and that if they were anything like the lecture they were definitely worth a read, so out of curiosity I bought 2 books, the newest one, How to Change Absolutely Anything and Liquid Thinking;
Can I say that I have been inspired by them and i've used them to motivate the kids I teach, letting them know that anything and everything is possible, they just need to believe in their own abilities and it seems to be working, the books are phenomenal, thank you very much.
Mark Astles

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant but grounded, 9 Feb 2014
I purchased this book wondering if it would be another of those 'wonder' works that gave you all the principles and guidance but putting it into practice is impossible unless your some sort of genius or live in a world where you have nothing else to focus on but self development.
As a full time professional managing teams but also a wife, mother, friend and colleague this book is real world and grounded. The advice makes total sense and is in fact common sense when you read it.
It asks nothing more from you than an open mind and the consciousness to put the learnings into practice in a very practical sense.
Well done to the author.

4.0 out of 5 stars some good anecdotes, 19 Oct 2013
L. Brown "linby" (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
I found this book easy to read and understand. Having done a lot of work around change I was looking for some new ideas. Unfortunately I didn't find anything I hadn't heard before in this book. But what it did do was refresh my knowledge, and the one quote I will ensure I remind of myself from this book is "the time we need self-belief most is when things are not going well".
What I did like about this book are the anecdotal stories. I personally find if there are stories that people can relate to it helps to get them on board, and this book has certainly provided me with some new material in that regard.
If you are new to change, this is a very good all round book, more succinct than weightier books with just as much information. If you are an old hand at change, read it as a refresher.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book on change!, 5 July 2012
This review is from: How to Change Absolutely Anything (Paperback)
At a time when change is more rapid than ever this book has lots of ideas to help whether it is business. Parenting or personal challenges! Its given me lots of food for thought! After reading all the liquid thinker books this latest book hasn't disappointed! Read and make the changes you want!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: How to Change Absolutely Anything (Paperback)
Damian Hughes has put together an inspiring book to help anyone achieve their wildest dreams. I think it is amazing how he has managed to get across such a vast amount of valuable information in such a concise and easy to read book. His use of real-world examples bring all of his points into perspective and make them easy to understand. You won't read this book and suddenly be able change absolutely anything, that takes a heck of a lot of work, what Damian has given you hear is a formula so that your energy can be focussed on the right tasks to achieve change which I would argue is the most important aspect. Thank you Damian.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book you should ever need!!!!, 12 July 2012
This review is from: How to Change Absolutely Anything (Paperback)
Having read some of Damians other books such as Liquid Thinking, I did wonder if this book could add anything else, IT DID!!! Having had the pleasure of listening to Damian in real life I find his whole perspective on things totally enlightening. I firmly believe that having read this book it helped me get my promotion today. It is the kind of book I keep with me and dip into whenever I feel myself getting in the least bit negative. What more can I say? Read it and you will NOT be diasappointed!!! If you only ever read one book in your life , make it this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another insightful book, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: How to Change Absolutely Anything (Paperback)
I found this book as a really good inspiration to help in future change management initiatives.
Having already bought Liquid Thinking I was interested to see how this book would be different, and it really is.
Another great read from Damian.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Great, 22 May 2013
This review is from: How to Change Absolutely Anything (Paperback)
The book is written in Damien's no nonsense, no jargon straightforward manner. It is a clear, concise and fun read that is full of real life examples and stories that the reader can easily relate to. Once you've read it it also serves as a useful manual to dip in and out of for specific topics.

I use it to keep myself on track and if you want to change something in your life or increase your personal or professional performance then this book is a good tool to help you achieve that goal.

5.0 out of 5 stars How To Change Absolutely Anything, 2 April 2013
This review is from: How to Change Absolutely Anything (Paperback)
I've been fortunate enough to see Damian present at two conferences and I've found both sessions to be packed full of useful information, as well as being highly entertaining. What I like is his delivery style. Damian is clearly a 'switched' on person but manages to get his messages across with ease. I've read a number of his books and I have to say he is just as capable an author as he is presenter. How To Change Absolutely Anything is well worth a read. I'm possibly the slowest reader in the world and I managed to get through it in just a couple of days. Packed with useful information and imaginative examples used to illustrate key concepts. Well worth the investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical and enjoyable, 11 Mar 2013
Brian Little (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
Damian is always interesting on change and paricularly so if you like your quotes and examples drawn from the sporting arena. Easy to read ( although I had to re-read a couple of chapters to fix them in context) and contaning some very practical and worthwhile exercises.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

How to Change Absolutely Anything
How to Change Absolutely Anything by Prof Damian Hughes (Paperback - 25 Jun 2012)
6.99