5.0 out of 5 stars very good
I found this product very good and just the right size to fit in the pocket. Very good for any student nurses.
Published on 19 April 2009 by J. Murchie

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought was a big book and had more detail ...
I thought was a big book and had more detail in book but when turn up it small book simple maths
Published 6 months ago by nargasnazir

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 19 April 2009
J. Murchie (England UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Pocket sized guide for student nurses., 18 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Maths and Medications (Nursing and Health Survival Guides) (Spiral-bound)
This handy pocket sized guide is an essential component in any nurse's pocket.
The guide is easy to read and understand with useful tables such as a multiplication grid, conversions of units such as fractions, decimals and percentages. Also included are plenty of examples of how to work out drug calculations using various nursing formulas, which once grasped are fairly easy to follow in this guide.

As I went through the book I began to attempt solving some of the examples that the book gives you. I found the formulas within this guide useful in helping me problem solve some tricky examples and once I had understood them I was able to try some myself with relative success.

I particularly enjoyed the area in the book regarding fluid balance, and found the chart clearly shows you how to work out and document the intake and output of fluids that the patient's body uses.

Overall this guide is a practical, useful and compact book that any nursing student would be able to utilize. I would recommend this book to all nursing students as a fundamental purchase in their first year.

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent guide for the student nurse., 12 April 2009
I purchased this little guide and I am amazed at the amount of knowledge in this little book. You can slip it in your uniform pocket and is easily available when you need information. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 10 Aug. 2010
Very useful, I used it for quick reference before my interview which required a drug calculation test. I would recommend it to students and qualified nurses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful in size & content!, 11 April 2010
I found this book very helpful, it goes over some of the basic principles of maths without overloading you & is a handy size to take with you wherever you go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read quick delivery seller was helpful l. I love it Good material to remind you about basic nurse calculations, 17 Feb. 2014
Good book easy to understand Easy to read quick delivery seller was helpful l. I love it Good material to remind you about basic nurse calculations

4.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this book, 6 April 2014
Good to update your skills. It may not be for all and unfortunately you won't know until you try it out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Concise., 4 Jun. 2014
Very small book, I was actually quite surprised upon opening the package! But it still manages to outline everything you need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nursing & Health - Maths and Medications - survival guide, 2 July 2012
I just purchased this book and was slightly disappointed by the size of it and also the fact that I had spent quite a lot of money on this book - (nearly 60.00 inc. post and packaging), only to find the price stated on the back of the book was only £5.99!!?? So I am a little unsure what the reasons are for such a price jump!? - I would love to know! The actual book itself is very informative and useful but I wish I had purchased it for the amount stated on the back of the book! I do feel slightly ripped off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Pocket Book!, 4 May 2012
This is a great little book spiral bound for student nurses to keep in their pockets when they are on placements - I would say given the information contained within the book it is more suitable for 1st year nursing students. It has a plastic coated cover also means it is easy to keep the little book clean!

This book is helpful in learning the basics for the calculation of drugs within a nursing / hospital environment and comes in handy as a quick reference guide.

Maths and Medications (Nursing and Health Survival Guides)
Maths and Medications (Nursing and Health Survival Guides) by Ann Richards (Spiral-bound - 21 Jun. 2012)