5.0 out of 5 stars Easy-to-do, practical advice, 12 Feb. 2012
This review is from: You Can Be Happy: The Scientifically Proven Way to Change How You Feel (Paperback)
I found this book very readable, both in terms of the layout and the writing style. At the end is a sort of index of the activities that are covered in the book which makes it really easy to find the things that you thought were helpful while reading through. For me, the best thing about the book is that it offers really practical advice in a huge range of areas. It suggests simple things that you can introduce to your day, without hours of practice, that can help improve your wellbeing and overall happiness. A good read :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Some really good practical suggestions in this book, 10 Feb. 2012
I've noticed that the idea of achieving 'Happiness' is flooding the self-help market right now. 'You Can Be Happy' is by far the best of the bunch on this subject in my opinion. I've just finished reading this and would say that it's definitely not a run-of-the-mill self-help book by any means. It's got some really good strong suggestions for positive action. It's very much in the CBT school I believe and it's also very readable, which helps. I've found the suggestions for action to be extremely useful.
It's a cliche but the book does exactly what it says on the tin.
If you're going to buy a book on achieving happiness this year then let it be this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, 13 Feb. 2012
This book is easy to read with lots of practical tips. I'm not usually a reader of non-fiction but the bright cover leapt out at me in the winter gloom. The tone is non-preachy and there are exercises you can complete (or not). I already feel happier and more positive about my life just from just one reading. I now plan to go back and work through a couple of chapters in more detail. I know this is a book I'll keep returning to when I need a boost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 28 Feb. 2012
The authors have taken the latest scientific research into happiness and translated it into sensible lifestyle advice that is easy to fit into everyday life. I was attracted to the book by the fact that the author is qualified in this field. This is an enjoyable read that I have recommended to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars More of a Work Manual, 30 Aug. 2013
N. L. Burnett "Nicole" (Camberley UK) - See all my reviews
I find some of the tips and information quite useful however would look on it more for a counsellors or psychotherapist as an aide to help people cope better rather than a thrilling read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensible practical helpful, 7 Nov. 2013
good sensible practical and achievable advice to make changes to a negative way of thought pattern
Would recommend to anyone wanting to think more positively about life

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 July 2014
Ms Li "Molly" - See all my reviews
Brilliant book with great exercises.

You Can Be Happy: The Scientifically Proven Way to Change How You Feel