5.0 out of 5 stars At last - a book for UK candidates, 5 Nov 2012
R. Booth - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Interview Question & Answer Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Best Answers to Even the Toughest Interview Questions (Paperback)
During my career I've read a few other interview books, mainly every time I've been for a new job and although they all contained some useful information, from the wording of the questions and examples they give, they were obviously aimed at the American market; this however is a UK book from 'James Innes - Chief Executive of the UK's leading consultancy'. I very much liked the format of the book in the way it gives you the question, gives you alternative versions of the same basic question, explains the meaning behind the question and then tips for a suitable answer together with a worked example. Although the majority of the book is about the possible questions there are a couple of chapters devoted to pre and post interview tips and advice.

I'd give this book 5/5 - Why? Because a) It's coming at the interview from the English perspective b) It's easy to read (not dry and boring) and c) Three days after buying it I had been for an interview and got the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and invaluable, 30 Mar 2012
I bought this book not as a potential interviewee, but as a manager looking to keep abreast of the advice that interviewees are receiving. I have to say that I am extremely impressed with both the scope and quality of its content. My previous experience with such publications (and I have a lot) is that they are littered with outmoded interview questions and offer 'model' answers that I would cringe to hear. This book is clearly very well researched, it is current with latest interviewing techniques and offers genuinely excellent advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book!, 22 Oct 2013
I gave this book 5*'s as it so easy to read and understand. I used it before my interviews an was offered 3 jobs within a week. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to prepare for an interview!, 26 Nov 2012
Before reading this book I wondered how a full book could be dedicated to the questions and answers you might expect in an interview. Well I was amazed! The questions included in the book are so useful for any interview situation. I have been in situations before where I've had to hesitate when asked a question - but I'm pretty sure I won't need to any more as I am now prepared for anything! This goes through lots and lots of different questions (divided up into useful categories such as 'the top 10 interview questions', 'fifty more classic questions', 'top 25 tough questions' and more - yes there are LOTS of questions!)and explains the meaning behind the question and how to answer it in the best way. I really do think this book will help anyone who is going to an interview by helping them feel prepared and confident about what they might expect to be asked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interview Book, 15 Feb 2014
I have rated this book with five stars its is a brilliant step by step read for anyone who is going for an interview. there is a link to download CV templates and cover letter templates and a lot more to guide you or help you with your interview. Inside the book explains what other books you can purchase like the CV book and even a cover letter book that may help you to get that professional look for your CV and cover letters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interview, Question and Answer Book, 18 July 2013
Davo (West Midlands, GB) - See all my reviews
This is a must for all candidates looking for work as in this climate the employers are going into a greater depth to select the right person for the role advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have item!, 3 Nov 2012
Absolutely fantastic book, well written and easy to follow. Comprehensive yet not overwhelming, a must have item to succeed at even the toughest interviews, excellent whether you are a hardened job hunter or new to the market. Something to keep throughout your career and revisit when ever you need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars The interview question and answer book, 11 July 2013
I ordered this book as we are going to be moving so I thought I need to practice my interview skills. It's a great book, very interesting to read. I have read the questions in my last interview have come up in this book so it's more than likely that these questions in the book will be asked in your interview!

I really like the way the book is written. You have the interview question, then you have the Interpretations of the same question, then they put down what you might say as an answer then they write an example of what they re looking for!

I m very glad I ordered this book it is a shame I didn't think about it a few months ago, but never mind I have it now and I know it will help my confidence greatly in my next interview:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, 14 Jun 2014
I bought this book before I was due to have an interview as it was my first one in a few years. The book gives a list of the 10 most common interview questions which is a great place to start. It explains what an interviewer is looking for by asking the question and also provides an example of how you should respond. You obviously have to put your own experiences into the answers but it was extremely helpful. It also goes into more difficult questions but the theme remains the same throughout, you just need to weigh up which questions you are most likely to be asked which is the tricky bit! I spent a week going through this and made sure I had good examples for about 15 questions and it really did help me. I got the job as well so for me this book has a 100% success rate - as long as you put the time and effort in to prepare!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The most efficient and creative book, 11 Jun 2014
Personally, I am highly recommended this book, it's not only have the innovated answers to the specific questions, but also explain the questions into small points and the exactly meaning behind the question. Secondly, it is really helped me in a very short period time to have a very productively interview. Thirdly, the language James Inn use are just smart and creative, there is no waste words or sentences. Lastly, this book covers the most general and behaviour questions. I really enjoyed this book. Thank you very much James .
Kelvin B