Published on 20 Jan. 2009 by Mrs. L. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not completely useful
Published on 30 July 2011 by FR_2012

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this book for anyone who is pregnant or planning for a baby, 20 Jan. 2009
I received this book as a gift and read it cover to cover when it arrived. It is well written and easy to read and I like the fact it explains exactly why certain foods should be avoided. It also has lots of useful features such as an A-Z guide, which is great for when you are cooking and want to check on a single ingredient, and a section on 'common questions' such as 'What should I do if I've eaten something I shouldn't'.

5.0 out of 5 stars really useful, 2 May 2009
nino (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This is such a useful little book. It cuts through all the rubbish and uncertainty that you hear about nutrition in pregnancy. A really good buy and interesting too.

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice guide to know what you can and you can't eat, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: What to Eat When You're Pregnant (Paperback)
This book is great. You can have information about the nutrients you need and how to get them. Also is very down to earth regarding alcohol, coffee, tobacco and others. No morals just more real information. The greatest is the list of foods that you can consult it to know if it is safe or not to eat and how much you can. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Views of a new mum, 14 Oct. 2008
M. Drake "Mary" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This book was so good at putting all the information I needed in one easy to read place. The lists of foods made it easy to find out if I could safely eat them or not, and the explanations were short and logical so I understood what the underlying research was without having to plough through loads of confusing papers and articles. There were useful tips and info about what I should and shouldn't eat, along with information about supplements. I'm still using it now as there is also a section on what to eat whilst breastfeeding. A great buy and so useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not completely useful, 30 July 2011
This book is good, absolutely. But the first few chapters are quite repetitive of a lot of info you get in books like What to Expect. The main thing that is different about this book is the A-Z list of what you can and cannot eat. But this list is far too short and many times what I was looking for wasn't on the list. And the author also takes a maybe stance on a lot of things, giving info so you can make up your own mind.

If the A-Z list was twice as long as it is, I would recommend this book but as it is I wouldn't recommend it to a friend or buy it again myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good - easy to read and remember, 8 Mar. 2014
S. Hammerton - See all my reviews
This review is from: What to Eat When You're Pregnant (Paperback)
Out of all the books on things you can and can't eat when preggers, i'd reccomend this one. Its not too big so is the kind of book thats not too heavy to read in bed, had lists of things you can and can't eat, not patronising, hints etc for how to eat for conception, and also after birth, and miscarriage.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 4 Sept. 2013
This review is from: What to Eat When You're Pregnant (Paperback)
Great book, guiding u not only about the food, but about what to do before conception, during pregnancy, health issues and warning signs during pregnancy and more. Very useful for anyone who plans pregnancy

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for your pregnancy and your sanity!, 28 Sept. 2012
This review is from: What to Eat When You're Pregnant (Paperback)
This is an excellent book, everything is broken down into sections and the food is listed alphabetically as a quick reference to whether it's safe or not, or if it should be eaten in moderation. The list of cheeses I found particularly helpful. The official NHS website also has great advice of course, but this book goes into more detail and clears up the confusion that well meaning relatives can sometimes give you just before you tuck into your dinner. It also covers vitamins and minerals, Veggie Preganancies for those of you wondering - and goes beyond into breastfeeding. All in all I don't think I could do without this book now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward and useful, 1 May 2011
B. Remy "bezerina" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I agree that most of this information is on the internet, but this little book is concise and thorough. This is the only "pregnancy" book I have bought so far as I'm still early on, but right now what I eat is of massive importance to me. It is written with good explanations of what you can and can't eat, and why, and also a clear description of the evidence and risks associated with certain foods so you can make up your own mind. Unfortunately the lists of food isn't exhaustive e.g no sunflower seeds, or olives, however it does tell you about what to do if you have a chalk craving!

5.0 out of 5 stars Factual and interesting, 12 Oct. 2012
This review is from: What to Eat When You're Pregnant (Paperback)
This small book contains a lot of information with chapters on every vitamin and mineral, and where to find it, as well as a list of all foods and information about whether they are safe or not. It's a very handy resource and I'll be sharing it with my pregnant friends. One thing though - it says that smoked salmon is ok to eat, however I have just had food poisoning that lasted 2 weeks and consider it came from the smoked salmon I ate in a homemade sandwich, so I would avoid that ingredient.

What to Eat When You're Pregnant
What to Eat When You're Pregnant by Dr Rana Conway (Paperback - 26 Oct. 2011)