5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin
This is a brilliant little book. I felt that the author took ideas from Behavioural Therapy, Life Coaching and NLP and put them into bite size, happy, readable chunks. It really encouraged me to be brilliant, something I wasn't expecting. I guess he reminded me of the delight in doing things well, and the joy of just exceeding, for its own sake.
In the heart of the...
Published on 19 Mar 2010 by Sunflower

2.0 out of 5 stars What exercises? am I missing something?
I read these reviews and bought the live CD as I have a lot of books and fancied listening to a live event for a change. I liked the guys style but after listening to the whole CD (including adverts at the end) I felt there was nothing much new or really anything you couldn't work out for yourself and where were the exercises?
I can sum up the whole talk up in a few...
Published on 9 May 2008 by C. Calloway

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 19 Mar 2010
In the heart of the book, he talks about changing your values, belief systems, and re-looking at the evidence for the belief systems you created. All quite deep stuff, but presented very well and in a way I could understand. I've been coming across lots of stuff about personal responsibility and people saying that "we create our own lives and everything that happens is as a result of our own decisions, actions and beliefs" but this is the first book I read that really explained to me why. I liked it very much and I would recommend it to anyone on a quest to live a more productive and fulfilling life.

2.0 out of 5 stars What exercises? am I missing something?, 9 May 2008
C. Calloway - See all my reviews
I can sum up the whole talk up in a few points.

Don't just do things averagely or even really well - go the extra mile and do them brilliantly.
Do a lot right now and you will see a lot of results
Think positively not negatively.
Imagine and visualise yourself doing things brilliantly.
Don't do everything yourself - get a great team of experts working for you.

And that is it really. I am sure if you do those things it will be good for you, but I know that. If I pay for someone's expert advice I would expect a bit more than them being very up beat and telling me to be brilliant.

Make up your own mind how much you money you want to spend on getting that information.

Not greatly impressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Aim High And Achieve, 19 May 2007
Mr. S. J. Wade "thebardofb6" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to be Brilliant (Paperback)
This is not a brilliant book. Some of the success-stories are inaccurate and therefore lose their punch. Some of the brain science is a bit dodgy. Some of the sentiment is a bit too syrupy. But there are some good jokes and it is very encouraging. The best thing about the book is that it is short and concise. So, well worth adding to your library of personal growth manuals (turning your life around is not a one-shop trip) but too flawed to be brilliant. Plenty of good ideas to cherry-pick but it still lacks a bit of polish to get five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen and then listen again, 23 July 2013
John "Constant travel has made me into an avi... (PENRITH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to be Brilliant: Change Your Ways in 90 Days! (Paperback)
I have just listened to this book whilst driving. I thoroughly enjoyed it and have already implemented many of the ideas discussed. However, the car isn't the best place to listen to it. There are activities to follow and doing so whilst driving will not end well. I away on holiday in a week, this audio book is top of my list whilst away. If you don't get something from this well rounded and well presented book, then that says more about you than it does about the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars How To Be Brilliant, 18 Mar 2004
Seeker "Seeker" (Thames Ditton, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to be Brilliant (Paperback)
I thought this was a book written by a Geordie for Geordies who wanted to walk around saying "Brilliant" to each other...but I was wrong.
It's a very simple and powerful self-help book that hits the key areas and does it in a very action-oriented fashion.
It prompted me to ask someone very famous to be a mentor for me - someone I thought would definitely say no - and they said yes by return email. How about that for action.
Try the book, enjoy it, and get on with maximizing your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars i have not stopped thinking about it!, 12 Feb 2008
annetortue (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
i am quite awful when it comes to self help books: i have about 20 of them at home and this is the only one i have actually finished because i wanted to. It was easy to read, very enjoyable, just as listening to someone talk to you.
for the first time EVER i took a pen and got down to doing the exercises: the goal settings, the values, the brilliant me, I did them all.
I have fallen in love with this book and the fast pace in which it is written. Micheal Heppel encourages the reader to take responsibilty to BE brilliant, to look into their beliefs and to make things right for you again in a easy to handle accessible way. I still think very often ofsome passages in the book that really hit home, such as a good job is the minimum expected of me. or september 2001 was a good time to fly.
this book has really touched me and has worked for me: i am half way through me 90 days plan and already things have changed around me.
I thouroughly recommend this book to any body would would like to make themselves brilliant!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's different because it makes you DO IT!, 12 Mar 2006
Barry (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to be Brilliant (Paperback)
Exceptional. I have studied a lot of personal development and I must say this is one of those gems where you get some brilliant ideas AND the how to do it.
I find it amusing that a couple of reviewers are concerned that Michael Heppell uses the same stories as some other trainers. Where have they been! Jack Black takes most of his ideas from Sliva and Zig Zigglar and Robbins takes 90% of his from Jim Rohn and Richard Bandler. Then again Jim Rohn got a lot of his stuff from Napoleon Hill and Hill got lots of his from Orison Swett Marden (bet you’ve never heard of him)!
What Michael Heppell does (brilliantly) in his book is to take the ideas, concepts and strategies of classic personal develop (the stuff we know we need to do) and convinces the reader that they must do it.
It’s a long time since I’ve read a book that made me really take actions and that’s why it gets the big 5 stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars it does what it says on the packet, 29 Mar 2007
N. Methley "nod" (south yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to be Brilliant (Paperback)
This book is brilliant,its like having a personal toolbox in a diary.It tells you directly what you need to know and gives you the tools to accomplish it, without all the flowery nonsense of some American authors.A year after I reading it and I still dip into it.I have changed my life,the book is great tool to help you do this.

If you want sit on mountains and hear voices in your head, this book is not the one.

If you want take hold of this brilliant life and make it even more exciting read this book.

and be BRILLIANT

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive Action equals Massive Results, 5 Mar 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: How to be Brilliant (Paperback)
This phrase has changed my life, for that I'd personally like to thank Michael. No more do I put things off until tomorrow, find excuses or procrastinate. Even small things like putting the bin out when it's full, calling a contact today instead of tomorrow. You'll be amazed at how the small things make a big differnce in your life. How many people does this strike a chord with? Massive Action = Massive Results is always there and continually drives us towards achieving our goals. My wife and I are about to launch our new business and bookings are coming in at a staggering rate. If I hadn't attended Michael's course and read the book, (twice now) we wouldn't be any further forward with our plans. How to be Brilliant is a must for anyone looking for the cure to an average life. The tools are fantastic. I guarantee once you pick this book up you won't put it down. Life has changed immesurably for us. One measure has been the number of people who have commented on the respect they have for us taking control of our own destiny, my response, How to be Brilliant, buy it!
A & H, Stirling

4.0 out of 5 stars How to be and still be Brilliant, 4 Aug 2006
This review is from: How to be Brilliant (Paperback)
I saw this book by reading a review from someone else. I had identified in my life I needed to change my behaviours because I wasnt getting on with people the way I wanted to. My life had no direction..... you know the sort of thing I mean cos if you're reading this you are probably doing the same thing, looking for a change.

Now I had listened to Tony Robbins, and thought "OK, but a little too in your face" but then he is trying to motivate me, and thats how he does it. This book, "How To Be Brilliant" is written by one of us Brits, and even though he probably uses the same energy levels in motivation, for me it was less sickly.

Now, what I liked about this book is that it told me what I wanted to hear, even the bad stuff, the negative stuff. It will work for anyone who understands what the book is about, understands themselves and have some degree of motivation to do something. There is nothing in the book that is difficult, in fact he goes out of his way to make you find easy ways of doing things. The best bit for me is that the changes you make are subtle. By that I mean you do a little thing and see the results, and as you progress you do a little more and so on. I cant stand thos people who do something new, and immediatly want to convert everyone they know or meet there and then! You know the types, the ones that go away for a weekend on a seminar, and come back full of ideas and drive on the monday morning, but by the next Monday its all gone again. That wont happen if you understand what you need to do, and you will by reading this book.

I recommend you read it through once, then go back again, and this time do the exercises, written and mental, and you will be comfortable with yourself for doing so, and you will have a better understanding of what you want to achieve, and how you are going to achieve it. It's not an overnight fix, you do need to apply something of yourself. You will come to undertstand this phrase "No Weeds, No Weeds".

How to be Brilliant: Change Your Ways in 90 Days!
How to be Brilliant: Change Your Ways in 90 Days! by Michael Heppell (Paperback - 19 Sep 2011)
Used & New from: £25.58