5.0 out of 5 stars Tell it to me straight
Flip It is much more than a way of thinking; it's a way of acting and doing.

Published on 1 Oct 2009 by Chris Price

1.0 out of 5 stars Flip it flop.
Approaching this self-help book with an open mind, I was disappointed, primarily, with its patronising tone. It is full of familiar concepts eg 'Men are from Mars', leave your hunter gatherer alone for a hour after he comes home from a hard day's work....and several positive psychology and cognitive therapy practices.
Strange as it may seem, women are able to build...
Published on 29 Jan 2010 by Jen Gwen

5.0 out of 5 stars Tell it to me straight, 1 Oct 2009
Flip It is much more than a way of thinking; it's a way of acting and doing.

I really enjoyed the way this book moves way beyond simple positive thinking ideas (as seen in many other books) and gives practical examples of things to actually do. I'm of the belief that if you want great things to happen then you have to take action to make them happen. Michael Heppell appears to agree. The challenge I've always had is the motivation and a simple way to make that happen... until now.

Flip It is split in to 10 main sections topped and tailed with an introduction and a quirky `end bit'. They are:

1 Finding Flip It. This gives a quick introduction to the concept, it's easy to grasp and apply with some quick results. I found myself using one idea immediately.

2) Flip It for confidence and happiness. I love the story here about ordering the same takeaway month after month (I'm guilty) and the example from the world of sport where a player keeps missing passes and how a sports coach fixed it.

2) Flip It for friends, family and love. This book was worth it alone for the `Friends Grid' idea. What a wake up call.

4) Flip IT for health. At last I thought a realistic guide to health. Eat Well, Think Well & Move Well makes sense to me. Not sure about the vinegar idea though too high risk for me.

5) Flip It for Money. This chapter takes a more serious approach to a serious subject. I found myself wincing at times at the descriptions of people who have money issues - too close to home perhaps?

6) Flip It for success. Again there are dozens of ideas here, some which strike a chord straight away and others which need a little more thinking (from the reader). Rock to Resolution seems almost too good to be true, is it? We'll see.

7) Flip It for creativity. I would have liked this chapter right at the start as it really opened my mind to possibility. I would not describe myself a creative person yet I found myself being creative.

8) Flip It at work and in business. This should be a whole new book. I found myself wanting more information and at one point thinking about getting a different job. More importantly I felt confident in my abilities to do so.

9) Flip it for your fantastic future. A reminder to set goals (I know I should), but with a new twist which saw me taking out a pad and really planning my fantastic future. This included doing something I always said I will do and writing an Amazon review - done it - tick.

10) Flip It for everything else. The author says this is where he put all the pieces which didn't fit naturally into other chapters. Very true. Some crazy ideas, some simple truths and a great idea for maximising your musical taste.

Flip It is packed with ideas. Often two or three a page. It's fresh, fun and very practical and at 150 pages the type of book you can read in a few days - perfect for busy people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flip It and read this book now, 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: Flip It: How to Get the Best Out of Everything (Paperback)
This book is a great read and will benefit everyone that reads it. Its easy to read, perfectly explained and easy to follow instructions allow you to apply the techniques to improve your whole way of life. Michael Heppell has created a real gem of a read here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flip it: How to get the Best out of Everything, 15 Dec 2011
This review is from: Flip It: How to Get the Best Out of Everything (Paperback)
Negative thinking is very addictive; always seeing the worst in something or someone easily becomes standard. This book is an easy to follow, easy to read, useful tool for turning things from negatives to positives. Easy to learn, digest and make automatic. A great stocking filler for anyone - whether they are already positive or whether they have some way to go. It's practical, light-hearted and fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Thinking and Positive Action, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Flip It: How to Get the Best Out of Everything (Paperback)
Easy to read and useful tips for a more positive outlook on life, similar views to 'Feel the Fear And Do it Anyway' by Dr Susan Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars Flip It, 16 Dec 2011
This review is from: Flip It: How to Get the Best Out of Everything (Paperback)
I bought Flip It for reference after listening to the audio version, and was so impressed with Michael's down to earth approach in dealing with life. He gets you thinking differently and more positively about things that bug you, things you're stuck on and things that you've forgotten are just plain common sense. I love Michael's style and would recommend any of his books, he's also great to listen to in audio form!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flip It - a terrific book, 15 Dec 2011
This review is from: Flip It: How to Get the Best Out of Everything (Paperback)
Flip It - a terrific book. A really accessible read packed with ideas and strategies that you can put into action straight away. Don't be deceived though. The simplicity doesn't mean the content is trivial. There's some really powerful things here that when implemented will have quite dramatic results. Respectful of your time, Michael Heppell has organised the book in such a way that you can pick it up time and again for a cracking jolt to the way you think about situations. I have no problem in recommending this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flip it flop., 29 Jan 2010
Strange as it may seem, women are able to build flat pack furniture on their own, contrary to suggestions in this book. Another chapter advises sorting through your friedships. Would anyone really chart their friends along the axes Heppel suggests?
I do think, however, that there are a few handy hints which anyone could utilise to promote a little more positivity in their life, for instance, looking at problems as challenges or using 'How can I succeed at this?' rather than 'I can't do it'. A bit of common sense really.
The overriding sense throughout, nonetheless, is one of easy money, Heppel regurgatating old themes for vulnerable and/or gullible people. Even his video reminds me of one of those evangelical 'religious' leaders with their own TV channels, dripping in gold. Beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book with lots of great ideas :D, 14 Aug 2012
This review is from: Flip It: How to Get the Best Out of Everything (Paperback)
A friend of mine had this book and said it was really good so I thought I would give it a try. I have just finished a treatment programme and thought this book would help push me along with my way of thinking in life. I read the whole book in one day and it totally works. I regularly see myself flipping negative situations into better ones. Hopefully I am becoming a much happier, fulfilled and better person from using this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars A slim tome of uplifting ideas, 1 Oct 2009
This book has an amazing cover; it's a lovely blue colour and the little cloud and sunshine motif are very pretty.

The idea behind the book is simple enough too. Focus on the positive and choose the way you look at situations. Unfortunately, however, I felt a little disappointed, like a fast food meal that I wolfed down and then felt insufficiently nourished by. Positive thinking alone isn't enough to help me and I wanted something a little more substantial.

I am sure that the author is able to sustain his mood and buoy his spirits, but the lessons didn't come across as useful and usable to me, I am sorry to say. I am somewhat disappointed as I read one of his previous books and thought it rather good.

2.0 out of 5 stars I hoped for so much more...., 2 Feb 2010
Louise (Brighton UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this after hearing about it on the Chris Evans show. The idea behind the book is very simple - really focus on the positive and turn the negativity off. I like its simplicity. Read it quickly (and was an entertaining, easy read) but felt very disappointed at the end - is-that-it type of flat feeling. Can't honestly say there was much that I would use, apart from the general premise to keep focussed on the positive. Has gone to the charity shop already...

Flip It: How to Get the Best Out of Everything
Flip It: How to Get the Best Out of Everything by Michael Heppell (Paperback - 9 Dec 2011)
6.99