5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Methods To Double Your Sales/Profits/Business
In my role as a sales and marketing consultant I read dozens of business books every year and rarely feel compelled to write a review. This one was different!

Lee Duncan immediately comes across as "likeable" and "real", a trait so often missing from business experts who can seem arrogant and removed. This was not my impression with Lee.

I was a...
Published on 3 April 2012 by Nick Jervis

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read.
Overall this book is worth a read. It is full of useful tips but it has its weaknesses. The section on sales could have been written in the nineteenth century, and makes little reference to effective digital marketing, and overall the book seems to be aimed at established businesses of a certain size. But these are minor moans..overall the book is at the very least a...
Published on 11 Mar. 2013 by Anarchy_in_Northwich

5.0 out of 5 stars Definative guide for a growing business, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Double Your Business: How to Break Through the Barriers to Higher Growth, Turnover and Profit (Financial Times Series) (Paperback)
Of the many business books I've read, this delivers many new ideas in a concise and informative way. As a growing company, the section on employing the correct staff for particular job roles was of particular interest for me and I envisage returning to it again and again as definitive and helpful reference guide. From beginning to end you feel as if Lee is there working alongside you and offering one to one advice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Back On Track, 27 Aug. 2013
As a newcomer to running a business, I felt that I had lost focus and had become a bit 'stale' after some initial success. Reading 'Double Your Business' has helped me to re-focus on what I should be doing and it has done so in a straight forward manner with no jargon or unnecessary buzz words. I've only just started to put into practice what I have learned but I do feel more in control now and back on track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This Book And Buck The Business Trend, 25 Feb. 2013
"If only you'd released this book two years before I'd be driving that Jaguar by now! This was without doubt the best £15 I've ever spent on my business.
Your book has stitched together ideas and knowledge I already had. I advocate other marketing guys, whose ideas are great. The difference with Lee's book is he tells you exactly how to do it, not just the theory. Essentially he removes a lot of the trial and error, as well as wasted time and sales.

I've had the book about 6 weeks, and have read it 7-8 times. Each time I get new ideas, new strategies. I thought our lead-to-sale conversion ratio was excellent at between 60-75% last year. We changed a few bits, implemented a CRM and now average 85-90%. Also our Google Adwords CTR has dramatically improved, and there's more improvements to be made. I estimate it'll go from around 0.5% to around 5%. These are but a few of the examples of the benefits to the book.

When are you going to write another one?

If you have a tragic accident, can I have your brain to pick?

Buy this book. Not later. NOW!

You won't regret it."

5.0 out of 5 stars Advice that works, 29 Jan. 2013
This is a well written and concise book giving realistic suggestions and guidance on how a business can grow. A lot of other books are filled with material such as the 7 best ways to do this and the 7 best ways to do that type of approach. This is a must read for small business owners who really are motivated to grow their businesses and are looking for practical and easily applied techniques.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 24 Oct. 2012
The book thoroughly covers everything from marketing to managing a business with helpful blueprints for each section. This is a great book for small business owners attempting to structure and expand their business, however may not be optimal for large businesses. This is a great book and will recommend to all small business owners out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable resource, 20 April 2013
I am sitting in my Office and looking at many business books. Like most only a handful I use as reference.

The reason behind this is; some are written like an infomercial with free gifts here and there to build their email list.

I have now read Double your Business and feel it will be one of my reference books, the good thing about the book is - it grows with your business.

It is hard to find a sales/marketing book written by someone in the real world.

Learn the basics of how to run a business and be realistic. Lee demonstrates how to implement his skills and knowledge to your business. I find all too often with business books that they almost leave you to your own devices.

Anyway, if you are like me and you feel that you would like to learn more about the running of a business and how to take the blue chip lessons and apply them to your business then this is one of the books I would purchase.

John

5.0 out of 5 stars Lee Duncan book review, 19 Jun. 2012
I've found this book extremely helpful for giving step by step guidance and information on growing my business. The use of examples makes things very clear to understand and the pointers Lee gives are things that almost any business can realistically put into practice. Well worth the read!

5.0 out of 5 stars All the business development books I have read in one place, 27 April 2012
Straight-forward, easy to read, sound advice for new and established business owners.
If you don't like to hear the truth, or you are the type of person to listen but not take action then you are probably wasting your time reading this book, for the rest of us, it's brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you take a step back, and really analyse your business., 18 Mar. 2014
I am in the process of working my way through this book, and completing the recommended tasks/activities. Whilst the book may not provide you with enough marketing direction on its own, I have found it invaluable in its ability to help you analyse every aspect of the business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 19 Aug. 2014
Clear, concise advice to help you grow your business that focuses on action.