5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I needed!
Having taken on a more senior role at work, I came across this book at the tight time. Well written, accessible and engaging. It's refreshing to read a book on leadership with nothing superfluous in it. I would recommend this to anyone who feels they have bitten off more than they can chew after promotion.
Published on 9 Nov 2011 by Cameron J McMurray

2.0 out of 5 stars paf.
Didn't enjoy this -couldn't really get into it. I'm seeking the advice of some old hands instead which I'd recommend much more than reading a book...
Published 14 months ago by Lucy Dorman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I needed!, 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: Your First 100 Days: How to Make Maximum Impact in Your New Leadership Role (Financial Times Series) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars What an inspiration !, 25 Nov 2011
I highly recommend this book for all leaders.

This book is a great inspiration and the fact that it is written from the specialist/advisor angle gives it the credability that ranks it above other books on the first 100 days. The book can be applied both for someone that is taking upon a new leadership role as well as for the one that is in the need of an inspiration in his or hers current role.

The book offers you good leadership tools and challenges you towards a new way of thinking.

2.0 out of 5 stars paf., 8 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book - Leads the way, 8 April 2013
This book gives a good insight in to a good approach to managing your 1st 100 days in a new job. Would reconmend,

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Concise, 24 Sep 2012
Unlike other books which dwell on theory, this book introduce you to the topic and then start the practical stuff.
Each idea introduced is translated into reality through real life scenarios. The book is divided into 3 different stages (30, 60 and 90 days) to guide you through your journey of the first 100 days as an executive.
The language is easy to assimilate and you don't get bogged down by confusing or highly technical jargon.
Diffenitly, a smooth introduction for the novo niche and no time waster for the experienced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple concept, highly effective..., 20 Nov 2011
Given how much time we invest to find the right job, it seems obvious that we should prepare to make an impact from Day 1. Why don't we do it then? I no longer have an excuse - this book offers the framework to move me from action-to-insight that I have been looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fundamental catalyst and foundation to sustainable leadership success!, 14 Nov 2011
The real value of this book is that it is a catalyst for sustainable leadership success. It has four distinct strengths - its holistic approach, to people and context - its pragmatism, in blending leadership theory to the reality of the 21st century business environment - its framework, to provide a foundation and structure on which individuals are enabled, and can build, to achieve their personal leadership potential - finally like all good ideas and approaches, it is simple because it allows individuals to deliver for themselves and others. I can only highly recommend you invest the 100 minutes it takes to read this book in yourself and start your journey towards your leadership potential.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful techniques for management coaches, 14 Nov 2011
T. Kinirons - See all my reviews
I'm always interested in reading management and leadership books, looking for new ideas that could benefit my work as a management coach and trainer. This book details the main focus areas that a leader in a new role should consider, and act on, during their first 100 days. I liked the practical bias of the book - and specifically that it gave me a structure and an approach that I could use when working with newly appointed managers. It provides a template to be used by leaders/coaches to develop a plan for those first 100 days. It also provides checklists of questions that I could use when coaching a manager, at monthly reviews of their progress against their first 100 days plan. Also included is a simple model of leadership that I think provides an interesting framework to base conversations about leadership around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accelerating performance in the hi-tech industry, 10 Nov 2011
I'm a marketing exec for an Internet software company. With constantly evolving market dynamics and a fast expanding workforce, the need to be at the top of my leadership game both individually and from a team perspective, is imperative. This is the second of Niamh's '100 days' books I have read, and also been fortunate enough to have worked through a First100 program. This book and the program enabled me to optimize my leadership skills and accelerate my performance in a matter of weeks. I've been in leadership for over 15 years and thought I knew it all - I didn't!! The impact to me professionally and personally, not to mention the effect on my team and the business overall has been significant and tangible. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has the need to step up their leadership skills in response to a new role or a demanding environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just read it - now!, 4 Nov 2011
If you're a mid-level or senior executive starting a new role, your first 100 days will set the tone for all that follows. This book is chock full of practical down-to-earth advice that will help you make the most of those first 100 days. I'll be recommending this book to all of my executive MBA students. And I recommend it to you. If you're in a new job, just read it. Now.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›