Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 January 2012
This book really is excellent and I haven't found anything else like it on the market!
I am currently in the long process of applying to university and have discovered that midwifery really is such a competitive course to get into. Most universities have a stringent selection process, that often includes maths and English tests, group interviews and a presentation and all of these can be really daunting - especially when you don't know what the universities are looking for!
Sarah Snow is a midwifery lecturer and provides some excellent tips on how to succeed in your application and how to survive the selection days. I have read it from front to back several times and gained new information each time!
If you are considering going into nursing or midwifery, I would highly recommend buying this book before starting your application!
on 6 June 2013
This book is amazing for any one who wants to become either a student midwife or student nurse. The book helped me get a place on a midwifery course which are extremely difficult to secure a place on and without the help from this book I believe that I wouldn't of been successful this year in securing a university place. The book helps you write a good application and gives you tips for university interviews, which has been written by former nursing and midwifery tutors.
on 11 January 2013
very good book really does cover everything from ucas to even after your interview. it gave me alot more confidence before my midwifery interview, and the further reading is very helpful.
on 18 March 2014
This helped me so much with getting a place at university to study child nursing. Answers any questions you've ever had and gives the best tips that I hadn't heard before. Definitely recommend if you're going to be applying for nursing or midwifery in the coming years.
on 8 November 2012
Wow this book is brilliant to help you with your application and has lots of hits & tips highly recommended
on 6 February 2013
After not succeeding in my midwifery interview last year I decided I needed a bit of help. The book was very helpful - few basic points but covers all eventualities. hopefully it helps this time round :)
on 3 December 2013
Good book for those needing a further breakdown of how to be successful in nursing and midwifery. I didn't get chance to use this fully due to buying it after getting 2 rejections prior to interview and 3 after interview. I then did not need to use it to redo my application for nursing in the same year.

I would advise to buy it at the start of your application
on 13 May 2014
Some bits of this book were quite good, and informative. But it's not specific enough for midwives in my opinion. I found 'becoming a student midwife' online which is a book from a website a midwife runs, it's the same price but much better. There aren't enough examples of personal statements or interview questions.
on 28 September 2013
This book is the best nursing and midwifery book I have come across for application and career success. Not only does the book provide helpful advice and tips for university applications, it provides a real insight into what nursing actually is and what the role entails. Highly recommend
on 25 December 2014
This book offers practical advice to becoming a student midwife. It was useful to be able to dip in and out of the chapters as required along my journey of choosing midwifery, studying, applying to universities and preparing for interviews.