4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
This book has really helped me to walk into an interview feeling prepared.
Published on 10 July 2012 by Holly Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not informative
I have a couple of the Brilliant books from the Prentice Hall series, but this one was a minor disappointment. The book does contain many answer to interview questions. However, the book needs to go further. The book just contains sample answers without enough guidance on how to construct my own answers.
Published on 18 Nov 2009 by Stephen T.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Brilliant Answers to Tough Interview Questions (Brilliant Business) (Paperback)
This book has really helped me to walk into an interview feeling prepared.
Its chapters cover employment history, career decisions, questions to ask the interviewer, even examples of competence based questions examples and many more. At the beginning of each chapter the first question is answered and has bullet points below to show why the answer works. Everything in this book can be adapted to different careers. The book is set out very clearly and can be read fully or just opened at appropriate chapters. I never have much staying power if a reference book is just one big long read. This book has small chapters and contains boxes on each page with tips and a few questionnaires that encourage you to think about your own strengths and weaknesses. It has been a long time since I have been back in the interview seat and following a few dodgy interviews where I stumbled upon questions and panicked, I read this book. I can now say I am able to turn dodgy education choices and career decisions into positive learning outcomes. Buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Nov 2009
I would say go and buy it....It has everything you want to know...I just love it....

5.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 14 May 2013
The book met my need. I got the answers I wanted. It would be useful for anyone who is starting his journey in the employment market

5.0 out of 5 stars Top tips for all interviews, 20 Jan 2013
P. Mckernan "P Mck" (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
Contains some really sueful tips for how to answer these question. Any preparation is useful and this really helped me

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice and guidance for those on the job hunt, 26 Dec 2012
I first used this book when I was on the hunt for a graduate job straight out of university and found it an excellent help in starting to think of what type of questions I would be asked during the interview and how to structure my answers. This book isn't designed to give you every possible answer to every possible question and neither would I want it to (the last thing you want in a job interview is to look/sound like you are repeating lines from a script), but once you've read a range of the different answers and situations in the book it helped me to identify areas of my own experience that could fit that type of competency based question. I brought a copy of this book for my younger brother and he has used it whilst searching for his own graduate job and I've just 'borrowed' it from him to help with my latest job search. I would definitly recommend this to those who are new to job hunting and competency based questions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not informative, 18 Nov 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars Uneccesary, 24 Nov 2008
This book is basic. It is very helpful for first time interviewees. However, it is unlikely to offer anything of value to those who are going to have professional and niche job interviews. However, you probably could have guessed that this was a generalist book. It does however, give you access to some of the generalist questions you might experience, e.g. tell me about your weakness? I found that their answers were not usable for the field I was applying for, however, you could use their suggestions as a foundation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Answers to tough interview questions, 18 April 2009
Pohyong Tan (UK) - See all my reviews
It helps to prepare you well for an interview with clever yet practical clues for the important day.

Brilliant Answers to Tough Interview Questions (Brilliant Business)
Brilliant Answers to Tough Interview Questions (Brilliant Business) by Mrs Susan Hodgson (Paperback - 11 Nov 2010)
3.50