5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book
I was blown away by this book. I finished it in no time and will read it again very soon to reflect more as I go through it. Already it has changed the way I will approach things in life and how I prioritize my time. The more I get into this the more it is going to help. Amazing read!
Published on 25 Dec 2010 by Ben Wilson

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 26 Jun 2011 by Mr. D. J. Warden

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 25 Dec 2010
Ben Wilson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brilliant Positive Psychology (Brilliant Lifeskills) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshes the parts other Positive Psychology books cannot reach, 1 Dec 2010
This book will give you an in-depth understanding of Positive Psychology, happiness and well-being: ten chapters on the most important topics which lead to a flourishing life, it covers everything from positive emotions to positive health and it's packed with great tips, exercises, definitions, quotations and thought-provoking questions, as well as scientific references.

Charlotte Style eloquently expresses the complexity of the subject in a way which is easy to grasp. The building blocks of Positive Psychology such as optimism, resilience and strengths are covered in detail but she doesn't shy away from less familiar, but equally important, themes like forgiveness, time perspectives and self-regulation. Using great examples and exercises, the result is a unique book which communicates both the interconnectedness of the topics and the choices available to the reader who wants to increase their well-being. I loved the chapters on meaning and purpose and developing your spiritual well-being - they reflect the author's philosophy background, her years of coaching experience and her innate understanding of what makes us human.

Happiness is a surprisingly big subject and it's not one dimensional. Unlike some others who have written books on Positive Psychology, Charlotte Style has studied it in depth and moreover conveys the intricacies of it in a way other writers can't. If you want to improve your well-being, or acquire a well-balanced view of Positive Psychology, I'd strongly recommend that you read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 18 May 2013
Whether as a student of positive psychology or as a self help book, this has something for everyone and practical exercises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Positive Psychology, 19 July 2011
This book was 'Brilliant' and worked for me, hence 'Brilliant Psychology'. The structure and format made it an easy read for me to pick out certain exercises to untilise in my everyday activity.
This book is for the `layman' and certainly not an academic book, but peppered with references. To maximize a positive incentive this is a must read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Jun 2011
Mr. D. J. Warden "David Warden" (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This book didn't work for me. I was looking for something more substantial, academic and critical. I found the layout of the book very irritating and confusing - the text is broken up by too many "brilliant tips", "brilliants insights", "brilliant exercises", "brilliant impacts", "brilliant goals" and "brilliant recaps". It all gets bit much. If you are looking for a more academic but readable introduction I would recommend "Positive Psychology in a Nutshell" by Dr Ilona Boniwell - a senior lecturer in Positive Psychology at the University of East London.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have guide to a happy life, 11 Mar 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is well laid out and gives an overall
look at how to take what we have and make more of it in a positive way.
It is pick up and put down style but I in fact read it from cover to cover
in one whole sitting. At the end, I thought ... a really good read, well researched, simply
presented and, for some, it could be the start for a greater journey and, for
others, it is just enough to tweak daily life to bring a bigger smile.
Enjoy it as I did.

Brilliant Positive Psychology (Brilliant Lifeskills)
Brilliant Positive Psychology (Brilliant Lifeskills) by Charlotte Style (Paperback - 11 Nov 2010)