on 9 November 2009
I'm currently using this textbook alongside an Introduction to Accounting open unit at university. It explains ideas in a very clear and easy manner, and every new concept is illustrated with an example. A highly recommended purchase.
on 9 February 2009
This book is brilliant when it comes to all the accounting procedures and explanations but lacks a certain analytical dimension. In my view this book is better than my friends newer version simply because it has bigger more spaced out pages, better diagram type explanations and examples. As far as I understand, the accounts formats have not changed too much between this and the newer book. Its simpler to understand this version and especially if English is your second language, the wordings are easier.
The on line support is great and I think makes up quite well for being an older book.
on 18 May 2010
Amazing book, perfect for the beginners in the finance field.

The writing style is very easy and very attractive at the same time.

I really recommend the book for starters.
on 21 October 2011
An excellent book written and arranged with clarity. The diagrams presented throughout this book are also excellent and appropriate. Covers the basics to a good depth in many areas. I purchased this book as it was required reading for my sons university course, but I have also experienced many years in corporate life dealing with company finances, as such I happily recommend this book. Even if you are not studying accounting I would say this book falls under the description `accounting for non financial managers' the subject matter at hand is that clearly explained.
on 15 November 2015
Very good book but the Access Code will not work with the online resources so maybe look for a more recent edition or a cheaper option without the code
on 9 March 2009
The book arrived in perfect condition, all sealed up, and was delievered within a few days of processing the order. I am very pleased with this item
on 30 March 2012
I received this 827 page text book about 2 weeks ago and the course i am using it for started 3 days ago. The reading schedule we have been set is quite aggressive but thankfully, not so aggressive that I could possibly provide a review yet. What I have read is easy to follow, well organised and systematically lays out accounting fundamentals but Amazon must be nuts to think I could provide a review already. You should really consider the book that is being purchased when scheduling review requests.
on 5 February 2009
This was an excellent resourse, which clearly explained financial concepts that previously I would have found very difficult to grasp.
on 1 September 2012
Found it amazing value for money under 3 quid used! It first introduced me to accounting to nvq level 2, in my opinion races towards level 3, then diploma level. Easy to understand with questions and answers. I would recommended reading with Osbourne books level 2, after a few chapters. I read a few pages a day, and got a comprehensive idea of business accounting or financial accounting principles. Cannot recommend this book enough. BUY II!!!
on 26 January 2012
This book is absolutely brilliant! I have never studied accounting before and I struggled for a long while to find the right introductory textbook...and there it is! The new edition is up-to-date and it is extremely helpful to move first steps in the field of financial/managerial accounting. If you're looking for a basic comprehensive textbook, this is definitely the right option! Great value-for-money, indeed!