5.0 out of 5 stars The Secrets of Success in Selling: 12 Ways to Achieve Exceptional Results (Prentice Hall Business), 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Secrets of Success in Selling: 12 Ways to Achieve Exceptional Results (Prentice Hall Business) (Paperback)
I've been in business as a speaker, trainer and expert on stress and raising performance now for several years and, whilst I love what I do, I never enjoyed the selling part. I picked up this book following a conference where Nicola was one of the main speakers and found it a fantastic book for the reluctant sales person like me. It helped me to look at selling from a different perspective and gave some excellent straight forward tips and strategies to get me motoring in my sales efforts. In fact, within a hours of trying one of the tactics, I gained a quick and unexpected contract. It now sits by my desk as a reference tool for my sales days. Brill! Thanks Nicola. The Secrets of Success in Selling: 12 Ways to Achieve Exceptional Results (Prentice Hall Business)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great 'text book' for sales people, 24 Mar 2010
I met the author of this book, Nicola, when she came to give a lecture at my university and I found her utterly inspiring. I bought her books because I enjoyed her no-frills, common sense approach to selling and self-confidence and they did not dissapoint. I particularly enjoyed this book 'The Secrets of Success in Selling' and as a post-graduate business student, who is snowed under with business theory books Nicola's book was a breath of fresh air. Nicola's view that successful selling comes from self-belief, belief in the product/service and integrity and that not all sellers are pushy, annoying wheel-dealers but helpful business co-ordinates it really helped me overcome my problem of asking people for money for my services. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to understand the art of selling.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for everyone involved in sales, 20 Nov 2009
I'm an inexperienced salesperson who has just started out and this book has really helped me get to grips with the essence of selling and how to connect with customers and how to close deals that would have taken me many more years of experience to learn. I took a leap of faith from an Amazon recommendation email to purchase this and it's already had a positive impact on results.

5.0 out of 5 stars concise, relevant and realistic advice, 3 Dec 2009
Jonathan Wells (Camden, UK) - See all my reviews
Nicola's enthusiasm for sales success comes over in written form. I've bought this for our sales team. One thing i do like is it's realistic. There are some things that can't be sold effectively because it just isn't the right time and Nicola recognises this. Some other books never acknowledge market acceptance or product maturity.
Recommended and it's a good easy read as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Secrets of Success - Nicola Cook, 18 Nov 2009
If you are just moving into sales or feel you need to update your knowledge and skills, this really is the book to read. Having recently set up my first business I have been looking for a book that could help me through those first critical sales opportunities. Since reading it I have developed a far more structured approach to the sales process and a far better understanding of the underlying principles of 'why' people buy. The advice from this book has made a genuine impact on my sales figures. The change in my attitude has also had a positive effect on other areas of my business and I have a new found enthusiasm for sales.