4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to Windows 7 for intermediate users
Very good value for money but best suited to those with a modest amount of experience and fairly modest ambitions.
Published on 20 Oct 2009 by Harold B from Gatehouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs More
there are so many books on the market all claiming to be the one you need. well, at first it seemed ok; until a problem came up and unfortunately, the `Brilliant Windows 7'couldn't help either. This book will guide you through the basics, but it lacked suffficient depth regarding potential problem solving and advanced use of system.
Published on 2 Jan 2010 by Slim Pixman

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs More, 2 Jan 2010
Slim Pixman (Bradford W.Yorks.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brilliant Windows 7 (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to Windows 7 for intermediate users, 20 Oct 2009
This review is from: Brilliant Windows 7 (Paperback)
A little too advanced for someone completely new to computers and far too simple for advanced users. As a reasonably experienced user I often get asked for help and this would be a good book to use to show someone a new technique in a convincing and correct manner rather than the messy way one tends to use in reality. The book is beautifully illustrated, the instructions work well though a few minor steps are left out on occasion. You get a lot of book for your money. I have not looked at the companion books for over 50s and over 70s, do the publishers think we all go senile at 70 or even 50. perhps they are more advanced to cope with our greater maturity!

Highly recommended but not quite 5 star.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant name and nature, 15 Feb 2010
Robert Miller (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brilliant Windows 7 (Paperback)
I have migrated from W95 through ME, XP, and to Windows 7. This is the biggest step change. In many ways W7 is designed to be intuitive but I wanted to exploit the advantages and avoid the pitfalls. This is useful and fairly detailed from installation (towards the end of the book!), through 'Compatability' and 'XP Mode' (to get older programmes to work as frustratingly even some that worked in Vista don't in W7). I now have a customised desktop with a clock showing NZ time where my son is staying, my own choice of desktop background and downloaded some Windows Live components that were in with Vista but not with W7. Clear layout with a discussion on each topic and clear instructions and shortcuts in the 'how to' sections. No one volume could suffice for every glitch but this does more than scratch the surface in helping to install and manage W7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Windows 7, 3 April 2010
D. J. E. May - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brilliant Windows 7 (Paperback)
We are well over 50, so we wanted a book that helped, not one that sent us reaching for for the valium! Finding this book a godsend as we work our way through Windows 7. Easy to understand and clearly illustrated it has helped iron out a few frustrations although we are very pleased with Windows 7 - it appears to be everything they boasted it would be! As we don't have youngsters in our family to explain things, we rely on a good manual such as this. Ten out of ten from us.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very accurate title, 19 Nov 2010
Kenneth J. Morris (Burton-upon Trent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brilliant Windows 7 (Paperback)
Having struggled through various and sundry books so-say designed to help me use previous incarnations of Windows, in particular XP and Vista, I found "Brilliant Windows 7" to deliver "exactly what is says on the tin" a lucid and above all very clearly illustrated guide. The format is task oriented i.e. each section is headed with a outcome one wants to achieve and the method of getting there is simply and clearly set out in steps. Superb. So much so I've just purchased the companion volume "Brilliant Home Networking" - it's just as good! Strongly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good little number, 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: Brilliant Windows 7 (Paperback)
A nice easy to understand book , especially for the novice.Good illustrations to help quickly to find what you should see on the screen or how to find it.Sensibly priced , a pleasure these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., 20 Sep 2010
This review is from: Brilliant Windows 7 (Paperback)
I've just had a new PC with Windows 7 installed and having been used to XP for a long time I decided I needed a book to help me.

I wouldn't consider myself a beginner as far as computing goes so I didn't want a really easy book, something more intermediate but certainly not too advanced.

I did my research on Amazon and whittled it down to 2 books, this one and the Dummies one. I have a couple of Dummies books and really like the way they are written but what swayed my choice was this one is full colour and shows various screenshots which I don't think the Dummies books do.

I haven't read much of it yet but it looks very informative and exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend this book to anyone new to Windows 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 5 Dec 2010
This review is from: Brilliant Windows 7 (Paperback)
Brilliant Windows 7 I found is ideal for dipping into without the need to read it through. This enables you to start at the point of interest you are working on and if you already have experience to continue until you meet another obstacle. As a former XP user I found Windows 7 to be less a problem than I thought it might be after purchasing Brilliant Windows7. Great book - have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference Book for Windows 7, 17 Aug 2010
This review is from: Brilliant Windows 7 (Paperback)
This book is an invaluable asset to working with Windows 7, especially if interested in producing DVDs in 'movie style' of still photographs. I would rate this as highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaching me stuff, 1 Jan 2010
M. EVELEIGH (North Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brilliant Windows 7 (Paperback)
As are the other books in the 'Brilliant' series, this is very detailed but worth working with as a learning and info tool

ARRAY(0xa20e8a5c)

Brilliant Windows 7
Brilliant Windows 7 by Steve Johnson (Paperback - 9 Sep 2009)
10.87