5.0 out of 5 stars Global Marketing: A Decision Oriented Approach
This is an excellent book. Having read management and marketing literature for 30 years I was surprised to find a new book, written in a fresh and easily-digested manner, which contained so many new ideas.
Published on 24 Aug. 2005 by David Charles

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful read
Published on 15 Mar. 2011 by Keleigh Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Global Marketing: A Decision Oriented Approach, 24 Aug. 2005
David Charles (Glasgow United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful read, 15 Mar. 2011
This book was recommended by my lecture when i was in uni. To be honest I did not use it (even though the lectures followed the book). it was just far too dry! I couldnt read it and stay interested for more than 10 minutes. At the end of the day global marketing strategy and theory are the same in most global marketing books. if I were you i'd choose one that is more user friendly!

5.0 out of 5 stars My go-to book, 7 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Global Marketing: A Decision-Oriented Approach (Financial Times (Prentice Hall)) (Paperback)
Whilst at university between 1995-99, "Global Marketing" (1st edition) was a core textbook for my International Business course - an excellent resource for explaining marketing theory and bringing it to life through the organised layout, easy-to-understand & memorable case studies. Having worked in Marketing since leaving Uni, I purchased the 5th edition of this book to help me now that I'm in the world of work and I'm delighted to say that it again is a great book to refer to when planning, preparing presentations and mostly as a guide to tackling real world challenges in my global marketing role. The charts and tables illustrate the theory excellently. The case studies work really well in showing how companies manage the complexities of global marketing and I'm delighted to say "Global Marketing, 5th edition" is my go-to book of choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Necessary for global marketers, 11 Oct. 2011
In the global world that we live in, marketers and budding entrepreneurs will find this book very useful. I am currently using this book for my 3rd year at Uni, and it is very detailed with some handy illustrations to help aid. It is a complex book, no ways getting about that, but it is extremely useful for someone that is interested in going into global business or just interested in marketing in general. The book goes into great depth on PEST, and internationalization. There are some other key concepts in this book, but these are 1's which leap out when you first read the book itself.

There are also electronic activities available on the publishers website, so you do not always have to read the book which is a good thing, especially as it can be a little heavy on the eyes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a real Global/international marketinga book, 13 Oct. 2008
Bįršur Örn Gunnarsson "Bardur" (Reykjavķk, Iceland) - See all my reviews
Finally I found a real global marketing book. This book has a much better global focus than most American books that are so clearly American. The Danish author Hollensen, manages to give this popular subject a fresh feel unlike so many of the books issued lately.
Kudos to you Mr.Hollensen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Global Marketing: A Decision-Oriented Approach (Financial Times (Prentice Hall)), 8 April 2012
I have found this textbook most helpful, as it has outlined not only internationalisation, however, the barriers associated with both small and larger businesses exporting into foreign markets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Global Marketing: A Decision-Oriented Approach, 27 Dec. 2012
I bought this when studying for a degree in marketing. Before I had the book, I had no degree. Now, I own this book, and also have a degree in Marketing. Coincidence?
No, not really. This was a core text and required reading for my degree. But in all seriousness, it was one of the more enjoyable textbooks I owned. And easier to read and understand than some academic books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Important book for students, 5 Mar. 2012
There are very many books on the market about 'marketing' and the problem is that the majority do not fit into todays understanding of the term 'marketing'. This is an excellent book for final year business students and also those undertaking their MBA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Aug. 2013
Excellent Product. Thank You.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some pages of the book are blurred and can't be read, 8 Jan. 2010
D. Michuk "Michman" (UK) - See all my reviews
Dear Sir/Madam,

To whom the book "Global Marketing: A Decision-Oriented Approach" by Svend Hollensen was belonged to. Next time it would be better if you could mention that some pages of the book are blurred or to say exactly have double printing. To pay nearly 40 pounds for that is quite a lot. That is why I am not absolutely happy about it. I can suggest you to return the half of the amount which was paid for the book or just to take it back because paying about 10 pounds more I could have got a brand new book. Thank you for understanding.

Unhappy customer.