Published on 29 Dec. 2011 by manni516

2.0 out of 5 stars Toooooo wordy
I hate this book. Even the simplest concepts are being made complicated by overanalysing. I don't need 14 pages to understand the objective of the firm, or 2 pages to understand the practical use of evaluating companies. It is a good book for those who like wordy explanations.
Published on 29 May 2011 by Learner

5.0 out of 5 stars Laid out clearly and professionally , easy to follow. MUST HAVE., 29 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Corporate Financial Management with MyFinanceLab Mathxl: WITH "Corporate Financial Management" AND MyFinanceLab Content Internet Product (Paperback)
I bought this text book as it was recommended to me for my second year of studying Accountancy and Finance BA (Hons). Firstly, if you are studying financial management or management accounting this is THE book. As well as this, if you are wanting to broaden your knowledge on the complexities behind business and to help aid investment opportunities, again this book is intellectually stimulating.

One major advantage to this book is the frequent reference to past articles printed in the Financial Times; these are presented in pink boxes and are extracts which help relate to the content being explained.

There are breakdowns into calculating various numbers such as EPS (earnings per share) , determining the balance between liquidity and profitability as well as in depth discussion on financial and operating gearing.

The price may seem startling at around £54.00 but if you are either a student at university or someone who is trying to learn the financial aspects of business in general, then this price will be insignificant in the long run.

I refer to the text all the time and it is very transferable as topics such as corporate governance are also discussed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Mar. 2014
I carried this in my rucksack from Stoke-on-Trent to Manchester, half hour walking and 40 minutes on the train, for seven months! And gosh did I learn from this. I learnt that it is better to buy smaller books! Seriously though, this was a real eye-opener. I didn't know about Corporate Finance, but I do now! This is really comprehensive. I don't have a business background but I do know mathematics so I found the content easy to understand. There is just such a lot of it. The all-important point in learning stuff like this, or anything else for that matter, is to actually apply it! From that point of view I would recomend getting a later copy and keeping it by your desk if you are going into a career in Corporate Finance. I am just a stock dabler, but even from my point of view it certainly helps you better understand how companies function. Helps your intuition when you read company reports, news items etc, to understand what is being said. Well worth the time and effort. Plus it increases your fitness levels ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for Corporate Finance students, 18 April 2013
Good book for Corporate Finance students, I like it personally. Good clarification and really plenty of illustrative cases. I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 Oct. 2014
Little damage it''s not look like new. But it is good, and can be accepted

5.0 out of 5 stars CORPORATE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT by Glen Arnold, 30 May 2011
This product is a truly excellent book which I have used whilst studying for my Business and Finance degree.
Arnold's writing style makes the economic theories, in depth analysis and contemporary case studies all easy to read, whilst helping to build your understanding of today's business environment.

4.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly helpful guide to Finance, 21 April 2010
Alex Salvadori (Leicestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
As a student, this book covers fundamental areas of more than a few accounting, finance and economics modules at my university. It's a book that can be carried across modules and will be generally useful for a variety of business/finance-based degrees. So it is worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 15 Aug. 2011
The book is written in clear english, has plenty articles from financial times. The only negative side of the book is the lack of solutions for the majority of examination level questions at the end of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Sept. 2014
Very good, not new but no many notes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 July 2014
Very very very GOOD!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets you the grade!, 8 Sept. 2010
I have to say when I originally bought this product I jibbed at the price (being a student, only natural!), however, it has been worth its weight in gold! It carried me through my financial management module last year when the teacher wasn't up to scratch, so basically, everything I learnt was from this book. It has enough in depth detail to support me in my final year module advanced financial management (according to the teacher...), so really, saving money in the long run as it can be used for other modules. I came out of my second year having scored 82% in the exam - all from this text book! So well worth it... Only down side is the size and weight to be carrying it round, and also when you want to find something quickly, you have to seive through a lot of detail to get the point you want! But I wouldn't use anything else!