4.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable source of financial information for all!
This book is an excellent reference tool that anyone can understand. I found the layout and language a fantastic help when trying to grapple with nasty finanacial concepts. This book allowed me to finally gain a clear understanding of the basic foundations of the financial and business world after hours of previous failure.
I will keep this book beside me as I move...
Published on 28 Sep 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars simple, but often insufficient
The book has been chosen to be our coursebook and was a great help when I did the very basics of accounting. When it came to the second year however, the number of examples was insufficient to help students understand the topics. The explanations are good but sometimes too long. It's a good book to use as a core text but not enough to understand topics well.
Published on 30 April 2003 by Elena Bessonova

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy stuff, 7 Jun 2014
Have to set time aside to read this in depth book. It is an academic book and written as such.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 6 Jun 2014
THANKS great book good for university students who are studying business and management or any business related courses such as accounting

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Accounting for Non-Accounting Students (Paperback)
awesome book helps me a lot with my studies. quick delivery, reasonable price, I would recommend to a friend. cool

3.0 out of 5 stars Accounting, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Accounting for Non-Accounting Students (Paperback)
Although this is a very clear book to read and very well written, you need to have a basic understanding of accounting to understand some of the technology. If you have these skills then its a good buy

4.0 out of 5 stars highly recomended., 16 July 2013
This review is from: Accounting for Non-Accounting Students (Paperback)
It goes through the first steps for any reader to get an insight about accounting.

Second hand book that more looked like new.

thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars A good addition, 16 Oct 2010
This review is from: Accounting for Non-Accounting Students (Paperback)
I am studying for AAT Level 4, this book is a great addition to my study texts. Well laid out and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for students?, 17 Nov 2009
I was a bit sceptical when i was told I 'had' to have this book for my course, but I have to admit, it certainly makes things a lot easier to understand. Anyone with common sense can follow what the book says as it is straight forward and 'no nonsense'. It is exactly what it says it is on the book. It doesn't matter if you aren't a maths geek, you dont need to be. Every chapter is explained and is progressive in structure. Harder concepts are covered in more detail than easier ones for example, with easier ones at the beginning of each chapter. If you are doing a Business Studies degree I would certaintly recommend this if accounting is one of the modules you study, even if you only get it on long term loan from the college or uni library (although we all know how rare some books are to find once term starts ^^). It's a bit pricey but I guess thats par for the course as far as text books are concerned. Oh and good luck passing whatever you're studying :)

P.S. It covers accounting in fairly basic terms, it doesnt go into much depth so probably wouldn't be much use for a pure accounting qualification, but as a module guide for Business Studies etc, it works very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accounting for Non-accounting students, 10 Nov 2009
F. T. Sabin (Southend UK) - See all my reviews
Though I had a little trouble with the delivery, I can say that this is a very valuable book and it's worth its money.

It cuts to the point, only emphasizes relevant parts and, most of all, it is aimed for NON-ACOUTING STUDENTS. Very good for first-years.

If you want to know and understand this global language of accounting, then this might be the book for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Accounting, 25 Aug 2009
Only did accounting for one semester but the book helped me get the hang of it! Faultless delivery and condition!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginniers, 21 Nov 2008
Definitely recommend buying this book. I bought it recently for my Business course because my Accounting teacher recommend that we all buy it and she was RIGHT! Very straight forward, and easy to follow especially for someone who doesn't really know accounting very well but want to read a book that wouldnt give you strong accounting words.

A MUST for Business student who are doing Accountings as one of thier modules.

Accounting for Non-Accounting Students
Accounting for Non-Accounting Students by John R. Dyson (Paperback - 20 May 2010)
54.14