5.0 out of 5 stars Best structured book on interviews
The most comprehensive guide on interviews I have come across. Written with plenty of practical examples, and not missing out the occasional humourous anecdote which I find helps to remember what not to do. Some books merely give you a list of questions , tough questions, illegal questions etc. but The Interview Book convinces by providing a complete strategy and also...
Published on 21 Feb 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Money making scheme to prey upon the fears of the jobless
I am writing this review 6 months after I purchased it and read/leafed through its pages. It was a culmination of all the advice given for free in columns of job websites and newspapers. Really. There was not a single thing of value or new in this book. I learnt nothing. Mind you, I like self help books and do not expect to learn more than 1 or 2 things from each book...
Published on 22 Aug 2012 by Quratulain Habib

2.0 out of 5 stars Thomas, 24 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Interview Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview Technique (Paperback)
I do not think it worth reading, It is designed mainly for the commercial sector jobs.It is not usefull for people looking jobs in other sectors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Summarises everything in a concise and easy to read way, 20 Sep 2010
As an HR and Recruitment Officer I have come to learn quite a bit over the years about what makes a good interview and what doesn't!

I bought this book when I was finding it hard to get a job myself. I was getting lots of interviews but never getting any further and I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong. As it happens, I don't think it was any one thing that I was doing wrong, it was a combination of things, but that's neither here nor there...

This book was definately worth the read and was an easy read too. It covers pretty much everything that people should be aware of when going for job interviews and it does it in a relatively small number of pages which makes it really accessible.

I learned a thing or two from this book and I would recommend it to anyone, whether they are actively looking for work or whether they are in work. Aside from being informative it is actually quite funny in places (some of the anecdotes made me giggle) and is generally a good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive but not updated, 5 Feb 2011
Clear writing and comprehensive, touching every possible scenario. A disadvantage is that some techniques are a bit old-fashioned and recruiters are tired of them such as touching fingertips when speaking to the recruiter. Good purchase though.

4.0 out of 5 stars great to remind basic concepts, 5 April 2011
E. M. Martin "itseduardo" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
It was great to review the basic concepts and have them in mind before going to an interview.
I would say that the book is quite general, and at least in my case, I am working in consultuncy, it would be great more detail in the consulancy skills.

But generally, it is a good book to have

4.0 out of 5 stars Reassuring, helpful book, 17 Nov 2009
H. Nicholls - See all my reviews
This book was really very helpful, especially in preparation for a first interview. I felt confident and well prepared going into the interview. I got very positive feedback from my interviewers.

It could have been improved slightly I feel by having some suggested timetables - for example when to start preparing, when to start practising answers etc. Also, some more detail on what to do the day before and day of the interview. While I recognise that these might not be relevant to everyone, particularly people who are experienced with interviews, I would have found it very helpful.

However, overall I would happily recommend this book to friends and family, and my copy is already very well thumbed!

The Interview Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview Technique