4.0 out of 5 stars A networking Paul McKenna, 19 Nov 2011
This is a good book. It has helped me focus on what I really want from my career and my social life even if at times it reads like a Networking Paul Mckenna Hypnosis book/CD. (well, some of the sources for his theories are shared at least)

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot put it down!, 5 Mar 2013
As a small business owner, the prospect of networking fills me with dread. Even the word makes me cringe. I bought this book on the hope it would kick start my love affair with networking and it has. My fears were identified and swiftly dealt with and as I turned the easy to read pages, I realised my "fear" of networking was just a bag of excuses. My confidence has taken a boost and I cannot wait to put the methods to the test.

I'd recommend this book, to anyone wishing to take their business or personal life to the next level. Unleash your inner socialite, you never know, you might enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Nov 2013
This is an excellent and very useful book. I particularly liked all the links to additional materials on websites. Easy to read and full of really practical tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, usable and hugely beneficial for business and life, 18 Oct 2011
K. Chahal (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I found Brilliant networking after having Steven D'Souza recommended as a speaker at a networking event I was hosting for my business. I felt compelled to read his book prior to meeting Steven and I was glad I did. The book was insightful from the first chapter and really grabs attention by outlining in a comical style some of the typical characters you meet at networking events. The book ignores the typical 'self help' genre of books by questioning the reader's intention with deeper analysis of networking goals in an interactive and realistic manner that is both easy to read but also thought provoking from many angles.

Steven spoke at my event on networking in business and his speech was flawless, grabbing the attention of a very tough crowd while providing thought provoking material in a highly interactive manner. I highly recommend this book and Steven as a public speaker. More importantly the advice I have taken from this book and from listening to Steven has been absolutely invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and Substance, 5 Sep 2011
I've just finished reading the 2nd edition of Brilliant Networking by Steven D'Souza and can say the book is well worth buying.

Far from patronising the author does not claim to be a networking guru and describes all readers as natural networkers from birth. From the beginning there are practical tips and I found the author's writing to have style and substance. Although not an academic book it is far from 'pop psychology'. Research in sports psychology shows visualisation is an important aspect in performance. There is an excellent chapter on social capital with research from leading academics on network structure, social network analysis etc. The book explains complicated concepts in a clear and useful way. As an IT Manager I also found the section on Mindjet a brilliant tool to use mind mapping to analyse my own network. There is a great new chapter on networking activities I plan to use these with my own team.

Far from being a yawn, I found this book well written, insightful, fun and very practical and I would welcome joining a dinner party with the author any day. A must read and a great help.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant networking, 18 Jan 2013
Still reading this book so I am currently at a loss for words. However what I have read so far has been clearly written and provides useful scenarios to help model and adjust your own behaviors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 16 April 2011
Are you asking yourself what networking is about. What about 'Why should I network?', 'With whom should I network?' or 'What do I do want when I network?'... Then I would recommend brilliant networking as this book is so simple to read, explains networking brilliantly and by the time you are finished with it, i'm sure you will know why you would want to network and hot you should go about Networking to use it effectively and usefully! Brilliant!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Already new it was good, read from Library., 13 July 2012
Already new it was good, had borrowed it from Library - Keep Libraries alive!! It's the best way of ditching the junk books before you buy them. Novels your going to pass on anyway so borrow them or try "Book crossings". Good bools are always worth having a copy of and this one's good.

ARRAY(0xa26a55d0)

Brilliant Networking
Brilliant Networking by Steven D'Souza (Audio CD - 7 Aug 2008)
Used & New from: 3.99