5.0 out of 5 stars Great guidebook for reaching more customers, 9 Sept. 2009
M. Jameson "mark67732" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marketing for Entrepreneurs (Paperback)
As others have said this book gave me a great overview of what marketing involves and also took me through specific steps to improve the effectiveness of my time and money. I am tired of just placing ads for more business and as sole trader I don't have a marketing department. I now have an excellent guidebook to take me through how to reach more customers without spending extra money.

5.0 out of 5 stars "It does exactly what it says on the tin", 10 Aug. 2009
Rupert (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marketing for Entrepreneurs (Paperback)
I have read lots of marketing literature over the years but none have challenged me as much as Jurgen Wolff's 'Marketing for Entrepreneurs'.

I've run a small business for fifteen years and the one thing I learned is that one must adapt early to survive. This book has already prompted me to make a number of changes to my marketing plan for the coming year. It is both insightful and provocative. For instance, I loved one of his comments on networking (something I hate to do, but is vital to our business) -- 'Hang around near the food -- most people attending a meeting will get there sooner or later'. Yes, so true.

This book will stay within reach on my shelf. As they say in marketing, 'it does exactly what it says on the tin'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will turn your business around, 3 Sept. 2009
Janice Day - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marketing for Entrepreneurs (Paperback)
I absolutely love this book. My only criticism is that it's heavy! But that's hardly a criticism. It's heavy because it's so dense with information. Unlike many non-fiction books, there is no unnecessary waffle or padding. Every page contains a gem that will turn my business around and I can't wait to apply Jurgen's excellent advice. Not only is it helpful but it's accessibly written and very easy to read. The opportunities to make notes on nearly every page, the exercises and the end-of-chapter summaries drive the messages home so that I really feel that reading it has changed my thinking about marketing for ever. This book is incredible value for money. A must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marketing for Entrepreneurs, 12 Aug. 2009
Stephan Trockle (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Marketing for Entrepreneurs

Finally a DYI guide to marketing that provides you with the essential information and solutions without having to do a 3-year course or deal with academic mumbo jumbo!

From how to write a classic press release to how to use the New Media, creating your own marketing plan to identifying customers - Wolff's book covers it all in a comprehensive and entertaining way (I especially loved the clever cartoons and his Marketing Hall of Shame). This truly deserves to be a bestseller!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the way to do it!, 22 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Marketing for Entrepreneurs (Paperback)
A valuable addition to the genre (in fact it renders a lot of the rest obsolete), cuts right through the usual marketing-speak verbiage and puts everything in terms practical people will understand.

The layout is excellent, making it easy to formulate your own plan in logical steps.

Jurgen Wolff must be congratulated on the clarity of his thought and presentation. Very well done Sir!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Genuinly Different book full of practical advice, 3 Aug. 2009
R. J. Tierney (Cheltenham, Gloucestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marketing for Entrepreneurs (Paperback)
I'm a fan of Jurgen's writing and I own several of his books. In some ways this is an extension of his previous work. In other more interesting ways it is a new departure.

Marketing for Entrepreneurs is jam packed full of simple, practical, honest advice. Simple steps every reader can use right away, and this is in the context of the bigger picture always simply stated.

In addition the book steers nicely around my perception of the two biggest obstacles most new small businesses face: Either the entrepreneur is a creative who is great at generating new ideas and so has no knowledge of the market, or they are vertically integrated into their market and have no sight of the wider picture. Marketing for Entrepreneurs addresses both these types of reader (along with everyone else) clear words taken from the experts the author has used. And of course he's preaching what he practices.

This is no academic tome, it's a charmingly written how to book which will transform any start up business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book..., 20 Aug. 2009
R. Hixon "Mr. Eclectic" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marketing for Entrepreneurs (Paperback)
This is a very useful marketing book, full of logical advice and great illustrations. With lots of interesting, concise headings preceding brief paragraphs of advice on a particular aspect of marketing or a particular idea, it's easy to just draw sensible advice about some part of maintaining your business quickly. There are also lots of interesting boxes sectioning off useful services or warnings. The illustrations also add some humour to make the book an entertaining read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different from the normal marketing books, 25 Mar. 2010
G. King (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marketing for Entrepreneurs (Paperback)
I liked this one. In a nutshell it has lots of practial useful advice that you can do yourself.

Marketing for Entrepreneurs
Marketing for Entrepreneurs by Jurgen Wolff (Paperback - 23 July 2009)