1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have if you are studying for the MRS advanced certificate, 14 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Practice of Market Research: An Introduction (Paperback)
I didn't buy it at first because I thought I already paid almost £1000 for the BPP e-tutor course for the MRS advance certificate, and so the material provided by BPP should be enough. However I couldn't be more glad that I got this book, and wish I had gotten it earlier. The BPP material, while concise and clearly outlined, lack details and more context, which is a problem for someone like me, who doesn't already have market research experience, and wishes to switch into a market research career through obtaining this certificate.

This book is written in a way that is very easy to read, and the case studies are very interesting. They illustrate how market research is used in the real world, which really helps deepening the understanding than the rather dry material provided by BPP. This is not to say that the BPP course is not useful because the tutor is very helpful, particularly good at providing immediate feedbacks on the IA and she answered any questions I have promptly. However I think this book is a must-have to study for the certificate if you are going with the BPP distance learning route.

The Practice of Market Research: An Introduction
The Practice of Market Research: An Introduction by Yvonne McGivern (Paperback - 20 Nov 2008)
Used & New from: £27.49