on 19 October 2001
This is an invaluable resource when it comes to writing your dissertation. Although in some points it is heavy going, it does set out some clear ideas and help you to filter through all of your possible options. Enables to streamline all thought processes.
on 31 March 2000
I have to return to University in 6 months and start my Honours Project (Dissertation). This book is giving me confidence and easy to follow guidence. (Of course check other books out and see what is best for you). I will be recommending this book to my friends.
on 30 August 2006
Having used the previous edition for a number of years in postgraduate study, I really didn't think it could be bettered. The great news is it has!

This new edition is a 'must-buy' book for any business student, whether they be undergraduate or postgraduate. Actually, it seems a shame to restrict the recommendation to business students, as most students of the social sciences would find it useful.

What's added enormously to this edition is the inclusion of loads more explanatory diagrams and computer screen-shots. Additionally, there are plenty of step by step examples of the application of theory. I've struggled with statistics despite reading numerous books and playing with very clever software. This book however has sorted me out. It's worth the money for that single chapter alone.

I know many of us students are hard up... but buy it! It's great to have around, rather than hoping the library has it!
on 10 December 2001
This book has helped me on several business reports and will continue to be of use for my dissertation. It clearly outlines the important elements of primary and secondary research and allows deep understanding of the whole research process. I recommend this book to business students who need indepth understanding on the subject.
on 24 February 2009
I would like to say that this is a excellent book with many examples about almost everything that is written! in portuguese: um bom livro que recomendo a todos que andam a de volta de metodologias de investigação!
on 4 March 2013
All,

Nearing the end of an MBA is always a challenge with one last push required. The fifth edition of the book gets you over the line!!!!

It has an easy to follow style with great content to shape your dissertation. The book's DNA can be used as template to construct and
shape your research.

This is a must have book and well worth the money paid!!!!

David
on 8 January 2011
Most degree students are required to complete an independent study module, so much of the text would be applicable to any program of study. My particular degree is a BA in Business Management and for this I would say this book is essential reading. The writing style is obviously academic but the book is structured in a very helpful way and is easy to read.
on 5 April 2009
Recommended by my masters supervisor.
Arrived in good condition with minor wear on the cover. Once covered in clear plastic was not a problem.
Alhtough an older published book I consider it easier to read than Jankowicz's Business Research Projects.
on 10 March 2010
It is well written and easy to comprehend.
Includes case studies where people are in similar dilenmas with student when writing a research
Provides guidelines and a good place to start from when writng a reserch
on 4 June 2011
This book is really helpful for marketing and management students. It guides you smoothly through the whole process of the dissertation project giving useful examples when necessary. The problem is that it is very academically written, making it difficult for practicioners to use it. Also, it uses many references, which makes it look like a journal article instead of a book and the reader has to go through these references for further understanding.
Other than that, I would recommend this book to business students for sure. Good tool for your projects.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse