on 19 September 2011
Although it is the 2008 version of the book, there are lots of things inside the book which are not up-to-date...

Examples:
- Many illustrations show hardware from the late 90ies
- Illustration on p.67 shows a desktop PC with "3 1/2 Floppy disk drive" and "Expansion bay for tape drives"
- The book uses 5 paragraphs describing PDAs, and only one sentence describing smartphones (p.72-73).
- Illustration on p.76 shows a ball mouse, not a laser mouse.
- Even the illustration on the front page shows an old iBook that has not been sold since early 2006.
- Pages 69-70 talk about "mainframe computers", "IBM-compatible" and "minicomputer". I'm not an expert, but aren't some of these words a little old-fashined? Page 70 also states that minicomputers are sometimes referred to as servers, which the authors claim can be confusing "since personal computers are also used as servers in some systems". Agian, I am not an expert, but this sounds not up-to-date for me... today the word server is used much more often than the word minicomputer.
- P. 71 describes different types of desktop computers: mini tower case, full tower case, micro case, server case...

Another thing I find strange, from page 92: "laser printers and inkjet printers have slightly higher cost per page than other types [of printers]". Hmm, my opinion is that b/w laser printers have the lowest cost per page of all printers... am I wrong?

Some of the information/illustrations in this book were not at all up-to-date when the book was published in 2008. The authors have to work harder to make an up-to-date version of the book.

Still, the book includes quite a bit of useful information - but I feel that I, as a non-IT-expert, can't trust which parts of the information is up-to-date, and which is not.
on 29 May 2007
This book is brilliant for anyone doing a business or management course at university or someone who may want a broad insight into the working of information systems.

This is really a great reference book for many subjects that you may cover and contains alot of useful information. Its not really a book you read right through but having used it as somewhat of a dictionary I can say it is the most useful book I own or have read in regards to the 'Information Systems' subject.

Very much worth the cost and better and more comprehensive than any other IS book. Recommended by my university lecturers as a great text book for my BIS subject and now me as a great time saving mini library.
on 18 September 2012
It is just one of the best academic IS books, good coverage of the topic, even for people coming from non-IT background.
on 27 February 2013
Fantastic book. It got me through the UNI module like a dream. I used it for my Business school. Brilliant.
on 30 January 2015
exactly what i thought it would be and arrived quickly
on 17 April 2015