5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good
Published on 4 Mar. 2009 by A. Newman

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as people say
This books is certainly not bad, it describes some basis around netowkring and gives some good advice, but is not as great as most of the previous reviews claim. It tells valuable advice in a structured manner but is nothing new, I am sure everybody knows most of these things anyway. Buy this book to structre your knowledge but do not have greate expectations.
Published on 17 Oct. 2010 by Sam

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 4 Mar. 2009
A. Newman "Radiantpaper" (North West - UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brilliant Networking: What the Best Networkers Know, Say and Do (Paperback)
There really is not much to say about this book that has not been said already. It's a very good book, covers the subject matter well and is great value for money. I have taken the advice and put it into practice. And as such have far more confidence and my networking is going great guns, it also seems to have had a positive effect out side of networking, which is great also.

Purchase with confidence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good practical, step-by-step guide, 30 Nov. 2009
Networking is one of those skills that everyone talks about but I suspect so few people do well, so this book is very welcome. Taking the reader step-by-step through networking (which is a concept that has always terrified me), this is by far the best book on networking I've come across (and I have read a few).

The 'Brilliant' series of books are always very clearly laid out (I prefer the look of them to the very similar 'Dummies' books), so the advice is easy to flick through and navigate. The tone of the book is generally right, with the right level of advice without stepping over the line and patronising the reader.

I still don't enjoy networking, but at least I now feel that I am moderately capable and competent at it now. It is probably one of the most up-to-date books on networking too, with a chapter about online networking, which is conspicuously absent from many of the other networking books I've come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know about networking, 19 Jun. 2008
Peta Payne (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The ability to network is a very important business skill. To some people networking comes naturally, for others it is a skill they somehow have to acquire and it can take a lot of effort and perseverance. This book is excellent in that it not only aids the natural networkers but also those who require an extra boost to get them going.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book in the 'brilliant' series., 29 Feb. 2008
Excellent book in this solid series. Covers all the networking basics plus extras you wouldn't think of. Very handy in job hunting/career development. In terms of careers books I'd rate it as one of the best along with "What Colour is Your Parachute?" "Brilliant CV" "Brilliant Interview" and "How to Handle Your Recruitment Consultant".

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and informative, 8 Mar. 2009
As the table of contents accessible on this page will show, this book takes the reader along the whole process and every step involved to achieve a successful networking habit. It is full of good ideas and suggestions to put into practice to begin with, to move on, and to take stock of what has been previously achieved in terms of networking.

The book proposes very practical actions to follow up and act on to improve one's networking skills and habits. As there is almost 20% of the book length taken by full blank pages, the reader will find plenty of room to scribble down and collect personal thoughts and ideas within the book without having to grab an additional notebook. A good way to keep things organised and information together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expert networking tips from a real master, 18 Aug. 2010
I run a cross sector partnership where relationships are at the hub of everything. This book speaks powerfully about how to connect, not just to get that one-off sale, but about how to build longer term relationships that benefit all involved. After reading the book I feel that as challenges arise in my life, I can put requests out to my network for support, and equally I can give to those who might need my help. It is exciting to move towards a higher level of awareness and realise that we are all truly inter-connected; it is just about stepping into the flow!

I really recommend this book to anyone who wants to advance themselves in any area of their life. There are some wonderful life secrets in this book. Just reading the book has made me feel part of humanity again; I'm much more positive about what I can achieve by sharing my vision and goals.

I have been really fortunate to hear Steven speak - he is such a genuine person with a huge heart for people. I cannot put into words how much I have been inspired by his presence and wisdom.

This book has all you need and more to start building a network that really works with and for you. You should definitely read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book reminding us how to reconnect to people, 24 Jan. 2008
EM Moreno (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I highly recommend this book! This is a wonderful book on how to understand and enjoy networking. Brilliant Networking explains in a happy and clear way how networking is about sharing information, creating new fulfilling relationships, and how really networking is at its best about connecting with other. It does this is a practical and accessible way -reconceptualising networking in a broad holistic way that includes, amongst other things, using the internet effectively, looking at your own thought patterns and some really east and effective tips. Visually it is very easy to access a top tip, example, idea or resource very quickly.

Yet above all, perhaps why I really like this book is because it reminded me what life is about -about connecting with people, ideas and that feeling that you are part of something bigger than yourself!

This book deals head on with the most common disease today -that feeling that we are alone, separate, and unconnected. It quickly dispels all the ugly myths that surround networking -networking is manipulative, etc. and quickly starts to offer hope to anyone embarking on networking and more importantly offers practical tools to transcend any blocks that might be stopping you from forming meaningful relationships in your life.

Buy and read this book! It will help you make the changes that you want in your life. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Networking- Steven D'Souza, 27 Jun. 2008
loved it!!!!!!!!! I recommended it to all my friends and family's members. The writing is flawless and it is writing in a way that any kind of readers can appreciate it. Your book was for me a revelation as it enables me for the first time to go to conferences without knowing anyone and feel comfortable to talk to people. In the past, I only went to conferences or registered to societies with friends. So many thanks for the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Covers the basics of networking well, 15 Jan. 2011
This is a great basic primer on networking - and well worth a read. It covers pretty much all of the basics of networking such as networking strategy, working the room and maintaining your network. It is light on using social networking sites and online networking skills within your networking strategy and plan. Personally I think that this book is better than it's main competitor professional networking for dummies.

If you are looking for a book which focuses on referral generation from networking, then you would find a book such as 'networking like a pro' by Ivan Misner or 'The 29% solution' by Ivan Misner a better buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book provides great understanding of the basics, and sometimes it is getting the basics right to success., 1 Dec. 2010
I am a student and bought this book to develop my early networking skills, as I predict I will be doing alot of networking for the next couple of years.

The book is concise and clear, and provides good links with people who have already been successful in the professional field.

I recommend this book for all people, but in particular students like me who are beginning to experience networking for the first time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Brilliant Networking: What the Best Networkers Know, Say and Do
Brilliant Networking: What the Best Networkers Know, Say and Do by Steven D'Souza (Paperback - 9 Nov. 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01