on 7 February 2009
I have used this book during my undergraduate and postgraduate business + management degree.

It is of such depth and clarity that I almost needed no other sources for most of my essays + exams. The recommended readings are all essential, the theories mentioned more up to date than most other textbooks in the field (and I have looked at quite a few during my courses) and the structure + examples are very relevant.

It is definitely better than Beardwell's or Marchington's textbooks, and only matched by Bratton + Gold's textbook (which has a stronger practical focus I find but does manage to put theories into a broader context sometimes).

This is one of the best textbooks I have used during my academic career.
on 7 April 2010
This book is like a bible for anyone serious about HR. It is easy to follow and well worth the money.
on 24 August 2008
This book was the recommended text for the HR module on my MBA and I found it superb.
It is a great reference for all matters HR and yes whilst not able to cover everything in depth it does give the reader all the main subjects allowing them to research further if required.
on 25 February 2010
Very accessible, easy to use text for my students, and for me. Up to date, useful activities.
on 7 March 2002
This book is very suitable for everyone interested the subject Human Resources. It helped me quite a lot to go through my course as it explains extensively the above subject. Highly recommend especially for students as it explained the subject step by step.
on 18 March 2013
I bought this book to complete my understanding of my university HRM studies, so far, i haven't been through the entire book, howerver i do use it as a support.It's pretty clear and definitely worth the purchase.
on 15 March 2015
It's was an easy to understand, straight to the point with examples.
I duely recommend this book, especially if you are pretty new to human resources management.
on 6 October 2013
very good book for students studying human resource management. it has good and simple explanation which will help one to understand human resource.
on 20 October 2013
this book is well written, it has all the answer require to complete the course and more it tells you your rights at work.
on 12 May 2016
Well written and easy to understand a must for anyone studying Human Resource Management.
Exactly what I need it.