5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book
Published on 25 Jun. 2007 by Mr. R. Fox

3.0 out of 5 stars the most common wisdom
This book may help to note the most common wisdom. I do not think that life follows the rules of any kind. If you are beginning to understand the life, then you may look for the rules. As you get matured psychologically, you will discover that life does not follow anyone's rules. However, this book is a good start to see whether we are using our commonsense. By Vijay...
Published on 16 April 2009 by Vijay Pabbathi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 25 Jun. 2007
Mr. R. Fox (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rules of Life: A Personal Code for Living a Better, Happier, More Successful Kind of Life (The Rules Series) (Paperback)
Actually I found this book to be a help to me when I felt really down. Yes it has common sense written on every page and no not all sections were particularly relevant to me at the time I read it... BUT... some were and I am so glad I found this book. Sometimes in life you just need a reminder of common sense to be pointed out to you. Sometimes when you are stuck then just to see the words written in a simple way in front of you can lift you out of a dark place and make you feel a little better. It did for me and I still use the dog eared pages from time to time today because it was and is a comfort, and when you are down or stuck or just finding life complicated then sometimes simplicity is all you need to make you take a look at yourself, your life, your situation and give you the start you need to feel better again. I love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A friend to remind you what's important, 3 April 2006
Elie (SEVENOAKS, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a great book - full of wise words and timely reminders of those things you know you know, but you often forget. Templar's personality comes across as warm and sincere, but with a great dry wit (I imagine him with a twinkle in his eye). And, when I'm faced with a dilemma or situation i sometimes feel like he's tapping me on the shoulder and saying - hang on i think you should remember rule ... It's a well thumbed volume in our house and I often catch friends flicking through it and saying - oh that's so true or I hadn't thought of it like that. I've bought it as a present for many people and I hope if you get it you'll enjoy having Mr Templar on hand to make you giggle, make you remember what's important and hopefully make life that bit better.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very thought provoking and annoying book, 9 Jan. 2006
By A Customer
I wasn't sure about this book at first. I read it and thought 'yeah, so what?'. But I keep returning to it. It has sort of entered my consciousness and makes me think a lot about what I do and how I do it. Annoying in a way as it sits on my shoulder a bit like one of those little angels and whispers to me. But it is making me pay attention to my life in a way that no other book has.
It isn’t particularly well written or too deep or even that entertaining but as I say it does have a way of sneaking up on you so that everything you do you compare it to the Rules of Life. I think of it now as my own personal life coach without having to employ someone 24 hours a day to monitor how I’m doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can’t Tell You Just How Good This Book Is..., 13 Feb. 2006
Paul Kelly "Paul Kelly" (Poole, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this book on spec at a station bookstall. It has 100 Rules of Life. I haven’t read half of them yet. But it has inspired me already. Its straightforward, amusing, slightly ‘oh look how stupid we are’, common sense reminds me of a management book I bought about 20 years ago called The Management Mole. Like that slim tome, The Rules of Life has a British sense of calm practicality about it which sets it apart from all those rather breathless ‘effortlessly change your life in 15 seconds’ bunch of new-age offerings. I’d like to tell you that this, already, is one of the wisest, wittiest, sanest and most sanguine books I have ever read (and of course I have read less than half of it of it yet). I’d like to tell you these things, really. But if I did, I’d be breaking Rule 1 of The Rules of Life. So you’ll just have to ignore my comments and take a chance, without any recommendation from me whatsoever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Am technically breaking the rules by writing this.., 1 April 2008
Deborah Page (Leigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
.. but enjoyed the book so much, what the hell. A really nice book that probably all children should be given a copy of in school, help them grow up with a good moral code. As Templar says himself there aren't any extra-ordinary insights in the book but sometimes it needs to be written down to make you stop and think. I don't know what the people who gave it low ratings were expecting but if you want a nice, happy, feel good about the world book this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best Rules book of all - i think..., 11 Sept. 2007
It's a tough choice as i love Templar's stuff, but i think this is the most inspiring of all his books, amybe because it covers every area of life. There's something about his straight-talking approach, and his humour, that just leaves you feeling great. Every time you read this book you get more out of it, and i've taken to opening it at random each morning to give myself a 'rule for the day'. Don't even think about it - just buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't take any advice. Read this., 11 Jan. 2008
I'm not breaking rule no.1 because you are reading this uninvited.
I've had counselling in the past and am not a freek! I'm just a normal disillusioned 30 something. I'm up to rule 25 so far and this book has had the most profound effect on my life. Take a chance, spend a couple of pints, people might like you, actually more importantly you might actually like yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Depends how much you pay!, 7 Mar. 2009
Dr. J. Jones "Jimmy Jones" (Abergavenny, UK) - See all my reviews
I first saw this book in WH Smiths whilst desperately trying to spend Christmas gift vouchers. Looked OK from a quick scan and just what I needed to build resolve for the inevitable reminiscence that comes with an impending new year. My sticking point was the price. Obviously being WH Smiths, they wanted full price (they must be high up the list of UK companies balancing on the edge of recession). Anyway, came home and ordered a used copy from Amazon at a third of the price.

The book itself is a collection of 100 pithy tips and reminders of how to lead a good life. I liked the tone of writing because it seems to aim for 'just good enough' philosophy rather than the perfection extolled in many other self help type books. The 100 tips are nothing revolutionary, nothing I haven't heard elsewhere but that wasn't the point for me. It helped spark a couple of things that I wanted to change in my life, and for me this justifies the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 27 Sept. 2010
This is the book everyone should have and read every time they have an issue.
It helps.
Keep swimming, little fish, keep swimming!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my god, 9 Jan. 2006
By A Customer
Awesome. Simple, funny, incredibly decisive and tactful. This is a book to turn your life around. It made me sit up and take notice of everything I am doing. This is a light bulb book - you read it and the big light bulb above your head goes off and you know you're onto a winner.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›