4.0 out of 5 stars Management textbook
I've used this book for the last 2 years (for my 1st and 2nd year at LSE) and found it much better than the others - the best bit is the online resources that are availiale like the questions and answers and mulitchoice questions.
Published on 11 May 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Just use it if you are forced to
Published on 14 Jun 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars Management textbook, 11 May 2003
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 6 Jun 2003
I found this book really useful - it covered most of the importatn areas of my course and used real life cases to help you put the theory into practice when writing essays. There was good stuff on the publisher's website that my teacher told me about to help revise for exams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great management book, 11 May 2003
THis book is great and a very complete management text covering loads of different areas from budgets to ABC and strategy - the worked examples are great when completing homeowrks too ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great revision book, 11 May 2003
This book was part of my managerial course - I found the exercises and revisions aids on the website and in the blue supplement really helpful - my tutor alsorecommended other books but this was the easiest to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid book, 29 Dec 2013
I am an MBA student at LBS. Bhimani taught the course and his book has been splendid. The book explains concepts and backs up explanations with examples from modern organisations like Starbucks, Renault, Facebook etc

Each chapter goes into real detail which accountancy students would appreciate. For me as an MBA student i could easily decide on how much depth i wanted on individual topics.

I recommend this book to anyone studying for an exam or who just wants to understand accounting concepts to use at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Evaluating cost, 7 May 2014
The book has all the necessary and more for ecaluating costs. I'm using it in my Masters of Science and is veruy useful

1.0 out of 5 stars Just use it if you are forced to, 14 Jun 2002
By A Customer
This book was a part of accounting curriculum at my college. In short it was one of the worst books I have ever read. It is badly defined and complicates even the simplest things. Cost accounting can be fun but this book manages to make it hard to understand and extremely boring. All explanation revolves around cases and this makes the book unusable as a reference book. To finish everything off then the companion website (mention both on front and back cover) is not up and running (not even for the first edition). My advice: Don't even think about reading this book unless you are forced to.

Management and Cost Accounting: AND Professional Question Supplement