5.0 out of 5 stars It's Different and It's Fun, 17 May 2005
Jerry Webb (United Kngdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Success!: The Need to Succeed is in Your Genes, the Way to Succeed is in This Book (Paperback)
You will not only learn a great deal from this book but it will also thoroughly amuse and entertain you. It's written in an easy, informal style that allows an instant connection with the author's train of thought and once plugged in, you will be taken on a journey illustrated by the thoughts and deeds of some today's most revered and successful people.
It's insightful and delightful and addresses you directly with things to do and think about. I particularly liked the chapter on what to do in the first 90 days of a new job.
I had such fun reading this book that I will remain inspired. I never had that from the old manuals and "how to" books that have gone before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Success - the bitch-goddess?*, 25 Sept. 2010
I read for inspiration, for ideas and for energy. The last few weeks have been full on - travelling round delivering employment law workshops, getting ready for our book launch, restructuring the business, and of course, making sure things happen on a day to day basis. Last night I turned to Success by Richard Hall. Within minutes I was roaring with laughter; this man is so funny. It gave me a great boost. The energy, enthusiasm and vitality of Mr Hall burn the eye and prompt you to immediate action. It's pure virtual caffeine and I jumped out of bed this morning and went for a run. First time, I've had the energy to do that in ages.

Success is controversial in places. Mr Hall makes the point that to be successful (whatever that means to you) you have to work hard at it. If you want to have a successful career or make money you have to work harder than you'd think possible. He quotes from Mary Jo Jacobi, whom he describes as an amazing action woman. She says "When I hear those 30-40 somethings whingeing and whining about work-life balance I just want to smack `em". This will not sit well with those who think that it's possible to run a highly successful business on 20 hours a week (it's so not).

Highly, highly recommended for those who want to make things happen and choose the success in their life.

Success was described as the bitch-goddess by William James, Henry James brother

The HR Headmistress
Author: How to Get Top Marks in ... Managing Poor Work Performance

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Motivational book, 24 Jun. 2013
Alan (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
This is a good book which teaches that anyone can succeed in life irrespective of your current status. Good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 9 Sept. 2014
I've scanned through the book and it does seem like what I wanted ...something inspirational....

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous - clever, useful, witty and wise, 17 Nov. 2004
What a gloriously enjoyable and useful book. It made me think about what I was doing and why, it made me re-think things I do from habit, it gave me ideas, it gave me practical tips, it gave me inspiration. And on top of all that useful stuff, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it - very clever, witty and wise. And you can't ever ask for more than that. Highly recommended.

Used & New from: £0.01