4.0 out of 5 stars Tremendously interesting and pretty instructive book!
This is a practical, readable and most of all tremendously interesting book from the field of communication skills and inter-personal relationships. Though it is written for general public and intended to facilitate our professional and personal face-to-face relationships, it can be extremely helpful for `business people' and all those dealing with other individuals or...
Published on 27 Dec. 2004 by Branislav Rabotic

3.0 out of 5 stars Common sense?
I found the book to be easy to read and comprehend. There appeared to be a lot of common sense points, yet I recognise common sense is not always common practice.

The chapters tend to flow quite well and are informative, however, I would say that some of the example dialogues provided in them are a little contrived.

I would draw the authors attention...
Published on 4 Sept. 2009 by Rob Cameron

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor!, 13 Sept. 2009
I bought this book as I though the contents looked brilliant! how wrong I was though. I had to stop reading, it was abysmal. I would not recommend this book it's a waste of money

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 24 Aug. 2011
Forget all the clever reviewers from the literary world who were "persuaded" to buy this book. Their tongue in cheek attempt at humour nearly made me not buy this. I'm very glad I did though.

It's great - easily broken down, something for everyone and I've found it a very useful read. On my 3rd run through now and quite easy to pick up and put down again.

A lot of the techniques are probably duplicated in other books but for the price and the ease of reading I think anyone would struggle to find something better. I have recommended this to several friends and anyone I know who has read it finds it very worthwhile. Not the sort of thing that I would normally read but cannot speak highly enough of this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 9 July 2011
Clearly some people were satisfied with this book, and perhaps I wasn't because I've read a few on management before and learnt nothing from this. Even for those who haven't, though, I really couldn't recommend this. I was quite upset by the mismatch between the official reviews and the quality of this book. All my criticisms have been expressed well in the other reviews.

2.0 out of 5 stars Try not to let this book fall into the bin too quickly!, 7 July 2012
Hi reader, I know your here looking at the reviews because you want to have a better grasp of what this book is like.. perhaps before you decide to buy it or not?

and I would suggest that you might like to continue your search for "The" persuasion book because this really isn't it..

If you were considering buying this book is a chance for people to gain a very very simple understanding of some of the more simple and less effective persuasion techniques, and if your like me.. I know you may have been drawn to this book as it's quite striking front cover suggests a more confident book.. and you might have discovered it to be a sheep in wolves clothing..

Please continue your search for the right book because there are many here on amazon when you know where to look.

Take care,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Persuasion: The Art of Influencing People
Persuasion: The Art of Influencing People by James Borg (Paperback - 21 Oct. 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01