5.0 out of 5 stars a classic
I have used this book during my undergraduate and postgraduate business + management degree.

Published on 7 Feb 2009 by J. C. Breitsohl

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic book on HRM
Basic book on HRM 2006 so a bit dated but for the price it is reasonable and worth a buy1
Published 8 months ago by Nat

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic, 7 Feb 2009

It is of such depth and clarity that I almost needed no other sources for most of my essays + exams. The recommended readings are all essential, the theories mentioned more up to date than most other textbooks in the field (and I have looked at quite a few during my courses) and the structure + examples are very relevant.

It is definitely better than Beardwell's or Marchington's textbooks, and only matched by Bratton + Gold's textbook (which has a stronger practical focus I find but does manage to put theories into a broader context sometimes).

This is one of the best textbooks I have used during my academic career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential tool for the HR Professional, 7 April 2010
Louise Wightman (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is like a bible for anyone serious about HR. It is easy to follow and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great HRM core text, 25 Feb 2010
Very accessible, easy to use text for my students, and for me. Up to date, useful activities.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource, 24 Aug 2008
VMax Dave (Wokingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Human Resource Management (Paperback)
This book was the recommended text for the HR module on my MBA and I found it superb.
It is a great reference for all matters HR and yes whilst not able to cover everything in depth it does give the reader all the main subjects allowing them to research further if required.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Book!, 7 Mar 2002
By A Customer
This book is very suitable for everyone interested the subject Human Resources. It helped me quite a lot to go through my course as it explains extensively the above subject. Highly recommend especially for students as it explained the subject step by step.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic book on HRM, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Human Resource Management (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars good guide book for HR, 25 Oct 2013
it plays a vital role in the module of Human Resource management, it can guide you during the study HR.

5.0 out of 5 stars required for course, 20 Oct 2013
this book is well written, it has all the answer require to complete the course and more it tells you your rights at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 6 Oct 2013
very good book for students studying human resource management. it has good and simple explanation which will help one to understand human resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty useful, 18 Mar 2013
I bought this book to complete my understanding of my university HRM studies, so far, i haven't been through the entire book, howerver i do use it as a support.It's pretty clear and definitely worth the purchase.

Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management by Stephen Taylor (Paperback - 7 Dec 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01