5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for people new to accounting
Published on 27 Mar 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a reference than a guide.
I found some of the wording confusing. I think this is a very useful book if used in conjunction with a good accounting class/teacher. On its own, it is tedious and lacking "simon says" examples which leaves room for doubt. I think one of the Dummies series or a similarly designed "teach yourself" book would be a good companion.
Published 10 months ago by Apricot

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for people new to accounting, 27 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Business Accounting: v. 1 (Paperback)
Im doing a degree in financial accounting and the core text my lectures recommended was very concise and difficult to understand for a first time reader. This book however is much easier to read for an introduction to accounting. It is very clear and well laid out with plenty of useful examples. I hadnt done A level accounts so was new to accounting and found this book a great help to cross refrence and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never bettered, 8 Aug 2006
lmhh (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Business Accounting: v. 1 (Paperback)
I gained my initial understanding of accounting from Frank Wood 20 years ago, and have been recommending this text to students ever since. Buy this one to understand the basics before you consider any of the others, then work your way outwards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Woods' 'A-Level accounts 1&2' are better buys, 11 April 2001
By A Customer
Whilst this edition retains the famed qualities informationwise, I've strong criticisms: Biz accounting 1&2 are almost exact copies of Frank's 'A-level Accounting 1&2', the sole difference being a change of press. 'A-level Accounting' had a far clearer layout and, importantly, clearly distinguishable italics which this book utterly lacks. Furthermore, the inclusion of former book 2 material is of questionable benefit as this is a two-book deal anyway (students need both).
Frank is famed for making an otherwise dry subject accessible. however, this edition's, poor prsentation makes for poor readability undermining a great work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 28 Feb 2014
I have bought a few for class mates and it has been very helpful for our assignments, and Price was helpful for most of us struggling with finance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Business Accounting: v. 1 (Paperback)
Fast delivery, book is in fantastic condition. Profits go towards schools and library's etc so even more reason to purchase from them. Exactly what I needed, studying bookkeeping and this explains it really well, an easy read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivery, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Business Accounting: v. 1 (Paperback)
the book was in good condition was just a bit disappointed that I was only informed when it was dispatched and not when it had been delivered - further I could not track it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Reference Book, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Business Accounting: v. 1 (Paperback)
My tutor recommended this book when I was studying for my C&G Accounts and Bookkeeping Level 2 exam. I mainly used my course material to study but found this book useful as a second source. The latest edition is expensive so I ordered a used copy of this edition and it arrived in good condition

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a reference than a guide., 12 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Business Accounting: v. 1 (Paperback)
The book still look good even been used.it really helping me with my account lesson.i will recommend it to everyone doing an account course.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Business Accounting: v. 1 (Paperback)
Very nice. The book is almost new and the server is nice. Ps: this book is useful for everyone who take accounting as his module.

Business Accounting: v. 1
Business Accounting: v. 1 by Alan Sangster (Paperback - 7 April 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01