5.0 out of 5 stars The only book you'll ever need for Operations or Logistics
Superb book. Clearly written, easy to understand and excellent to reference now and in the future. I received a First Class Honors by studying this book so Nigel et al rates the best value for money and excellent for study and understanding the topic. First year through my MBA and this book is all I need.
Published on 17 May 2001 by watsonka@logica.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Was recommended this by my tutor but must say I prefer ...
Was recommended this by my tutor but must say I prefer other awarding body books myself. Although you can find the content for most of the l5 and l7 management courses
Published 2 months ago by DD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book you'll ever need for Operations or Logistics, 17 May 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on Operations Managament, 27 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Operations Management (Paperback)
The book on Operations Management by Slack et al was an excellent guide into the area of Operations Management. It is filled with interesting theory on the subject area and also provides pointers into related areas such as Marketing, Strategy and Organisational Behaviour. It is one of the most well-written course books I have come across and is an achievement by the authors as they not only manage to present OM in a concise way but also can link the theory to theories in other domains in a coherent fashion.
Over time, the book has proven to be one of those course books that have turned into frequently used reference books in real-life situations. Not many of my course books have managed to pass this usability litmus test.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliant book�., 4 Feb. 2000
r.williams@wlv.ac.uk (Wolverhampton - England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Operations Management (Paperback)
Slack et al. Have out done themselves this constantly revised book has got everything that I needed to know at Operations Management. Not only that but it's really easy to read...
As part of my final year project I spoke to an 'Actual' Operations Manager and him and I completely understood one another. I spoke to him about things that I had come across in this book and he had not heard about. It was very useful and it got me very high marks in the module I was doing. It covers all relevant subject areas to give to great ideas, and the case studies are excellent example of operations in work. I have no hesitation in recommending this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Operations Management Exellence, 27 Nov. 2009
Ben Acheson (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Operations Management (Paperback)
Operations Management is about much more than just pure operations: the authors stretch the discipline to encompass almost every arena of business and management and I consider this text to of use in several other areas of business and management. There are surprisingly extensive and detailed sections on many topics including project management and business technology. Much of the management and strategy theory is applicable to general management. If you are reading this book in the course of academic studies as I did then you may struggle to quote and paraphrase, as the material is packed with quality information with nothing unnecessary and is also brilliantly worded - so you will not wish to deviate or digress. Every middle and senior manager and MBA should have a well-used copy of this text on their book shelf. It is management theory excellence - and operations management in depth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for all people involved in operations, 4 April 2000
This review is from: Operations Management (Paperback)
I am a post-graduate student in Facilities Management and found this book to be extremely useful when planning, designing and managing facilities service operations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Study Guide, 9 Oct. 2002
This review is from: Operations Management (Paperback)
Slack has been a definite help in my recently completed MBA module in Operations Management. As a study guide the book is very easy going and thought provoking. For anybody formally studying Operations Management, this book is particularly relevant as it is packed with practical case studies which will enrich your learning experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost identical to newer versions, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Operations Management (Paperback)
I recently had a look at a newer version of this book and it has EXACTLY the same content, such looks a bit more colourful. Don't spend £40 more on a book that is the same, this is the case with most university course books so I would always recommend getting a few versions before for a fraction of the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 11 July 2011
Amit Ray "Ray" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Operations Management (Paperback)
I had Operations Management as part of my MBA course. I found this book to be nicely structured, and most importantly, an easy read. There were loads of real life examples, and the writing style of the authors was very good - all helping to make learning more interesting. 5-stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I found it pretty useful on my CILT diploma, 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Operations Management (Paperback)
Let's face it, if you are looking at this book you probably already know all you need to know about it. I found it pretty useful on my CILT diploma. Can't grumble at the price either, certainly better than buying new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opinion Overview, 22 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Operations Management (Paperback)
Excelent Workbook contents for Professional of Supply Chain and Operational management area. The Book contents ilustrates extensively, however in really easy language the main domains of this subject.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Operations Management
Operations Management by Prof Robert Johnston (Paperback - 12 Dec. 2004)
Used & New from: £0.07