5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for one-liners in reports
I found this book extremely useful whilst writing reports for my Business course. It gave me a lot of quotes and ideas for the flow of my report. It is easy to understand and goes into just enough detail. An excellent investment!
Published on 29 Oct 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Large, Informative, but Useful?
I am currently studying Software Engineering at university, and as part of the course, there is a Management and Organisational Behaviour module, which required me to buy this book. However, after 2 of 4 years, I can honestly say I have used the book a total of 3 times, and two of them were in the first month of the course.
The Software Engineering course only does...
Published on 21 Dec 2003 by Mr. Damian J. McGrath

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for one-liners in reports, 29 Oct 2001

4.0 out of 5 stars Management and organisational behaviour, 1 April 2003
This review is from: Management and Organisational Behaviour (Paperback)
I am studying for a PEDMS and this text was recommended for the "Managing People". I have found it helpful and some of the exercices at the end of each chapter have put some of the course content in perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all business students ( A level & Degree), 12 Sep 2003
stephen hafford (Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Management and Organisational Behaviour (Paperback)
Mullins has delivered one of the finest business and management textbooks written.He offers teachers and students the opportunity to follow the process of business and management in an easy to follow text.

4.0 out of 5 stars Management and Organisational Behaviour - A students summary, 14 Sep 2000
I am a 2nd year student studying Computing with Business at the University of Kent at Canterbury. A large proportion of my business modules where covered solely by this book. I found it was able to give me a clear understanding of Organisational behaviour, being concise and to the point. It was an essential piece of reading for passing my 1st year, and I would recommend this book to anybody wanting clarification in understanding Organisational behaviour.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good UK and European orientated undergraduate text., 11 Dec 1998
By A Customer
A good undergraduate text written from the British and European point of view. Case studies are all EU based, and it as been clearly designed with an intergrated course in mind.
The book is particularly strong in its dealings with management processes and organisational factors. It is divided into six functional parts that covers the majority of material introduced in an introductory level undergraduate course. Each section begins with set of learning objectives, and ends with a summary. The summary sections are probably its weakest point.
Tutor support material and OHPs are available, as is an accompanying student workbook, and a set of additional related case studies.
On the whole I have found its use in my own business classes to be successful. Though students tend to be a little overwhelmed by the size of the book in the initial stages of the course.
RECCOMMENDED.

3.0 out of 5 stars Large, Informative, but Useful?, 21 Dec 2003
Mr. Damian J. McGrath (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Management and Organisational Behaviour (Paperback)
The Software Engineering course only does the management course for 2 hours a week, but for people who get told to buy this book for this course, don't bother. It's not relevant and will not help you as much as a search on Google will.
However, the book does cover almost everything you could possibly want it to, and for people doing a dedicated management course, this book is probably the best choice for you, so thats where it earned its 3 stars. It is a great book, although the information is presented in a way that some people may find difficult to digest. You have to be dedicated to the topic to get your way through it, so make sure it's exactly what you want, and what you require before buying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars From a Students View, 17 Oct 2001
Mullins is a great writer and this brings the best of him. I'm currently studying Hospitality Management at Blackpool college (BA) in my second year, and I can't say how much the book has helped. Both in 1st year in organisational behaviour and now in second year in a number of subjects. The content is easy to understand and people who cant make sense of certain theories etc need to read this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars User-friendly - works well for students of Management, 11 Nov 1999
By A Customer
The presentation of the materials has improved consistently since I started using this as a course text 3 editions ago. As a lecturer in Management, I have found this book to be the best out of the choice available as it includes a wealth of case studies for discussion and can therefore set structured reading for my students and assignments. Setting structured reading is important in my experience as it can be daunting for the student - not necessarily a book to read cover to cover (for which I select Charles Handy's UNDERSTANDING ORGANISATIONS). Another important attribute is the overlap of content with other subjects, notably HRM, making it good value to purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 6 Jan 2010
M. U. Khan (UK) - See all my reviews
The quality of this book is that it is written very simple. The book for someone who really want to understand the concepts. No jargon's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful text!, 9 Nov 2001
By A Customer
I am using this book in preparation for my ACCA exam "Managing people". It's extremnely informative and covers almost all areas of the syllabus. Also the language is quite easy for understanding. I strongly recommend this paperback.

Management and Organisational Behaviour
Management and Organisational Behaviour by Laurie Mullins (Paperback - 29 Oct 2001)
37.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available