Can't Help Falling In Love (The Sullivans)
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£6.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 13 January 2013
Gabe Sullivan is an experienced Fire-fighter. It's all he's ever wanted to be. While tackling a raging fire in an apartment building he is told a young lady and her child are still trapped inside. Without thinking Gabe rushes in to find them.
Megan is clutching her 6 year old daughter Summer in the bathtub while the fire rages round them.
Scared they won't make it out alive, Gabe rushes in to their rescue.
Gabe is attracted to Megan. But swore he'd never date someone he'd rescued again. Not after last time.......
Megan is attracted to Gabe. But swore she'd never date anyone with a dangerous job again. Not after losing her Fighter Pilot Husband so tragically.
Could Summer a very clever little girl break down their barriers and bring them together?
I found this one to be a bit of a slow starter. It felt like the story was taking one step forward then two steps back as Gabe & Megan were developing their relationship and in some places I found I was getting frustrated with the two of them.
Although the writing is done very well I thought it needed a kick up the backside to get going.
Eventually it did and I immediately fell in love with the interaction between Gabe and Summer.
Summer for me became the main character in this story and brought this one to life.
I wouldn't say this story really stood out for me but overall it is a lovely part of the Sullivan Series and I wouldn't have missed it.
The idea of taking a chance to love someone who one night because of work may never come home really makes you think......What would you do?
on 7 August 2014
Bella Andre says "my favourite romances have always been about families. I love following brothers and sisters and cousins from book to book" and I agree, many of my favourite easy read romances follow this theme. Bella Andre, in my opinion, has a similar style to Bernadette Marie and Melody Anne, and focuses on the Sullivan family from San Francisco. What makes series romances like this successful for me is the interaction between the brothers and sisters, the teasing and ribbing and this gets better as the series progresses.

Book 3 follows on immediately from the last book. Gabe Sullivan, a San Francisco firefighter, is called away to a burning building. When he gets there he finds out a mother and daughter, Megan and Summer, are stuck on the third floor. After the rescue, in hospital, they meet but he doesn't want a relationship with someone he's rescued because of something that happened previously and she doesn't want a relationship because she can't risk her heart with a man similar to her husband, a man with a risky job. They can't avoid each other when Megan realises she knows his sister Sophie.

I have a bit of a problem with the daughter Summer. She's seven years old we're told but she doesn't act her age, you'd think she was maybe ten or older, it's the advanced language she uses, the fact that she baking by herself and her ability to read the situation going on between her mum and Gabe and call her mum on it. Not the behaviour of a seven year old. There is more interaction between the family members in this book which I enjoyed and we got to know a little about Sophie and Jake, enough to get me intrigued about the next in the series.
on 16 October 2012
I seriously keep thinking the brothers in this series cannot keep getting any hotter than the previous, however Gabe the fireman has proved me wrong with more than his flame tackling ways!

Gabe saves Megan and her daughter Summer in a fire. Gabe is an ultimate player who has been burned badly in the past by getting involved with a burns victim so decides despite the instant attraction to Megan that all they have have is a friends relationship.

Megan's husband was a navy pilot who was killed 5 years ago so knows better than to get involved with someone who risks their lives everyday for the job. Her heart would not survive another break like the last so they decide to keep their distance but her daughter has other ideas.

This book is very tender in moments with a passion undercurrent all the way through the story. Summer is a delight to get to know when she starts to try to match make between her Mum & Gabe as even she knows they are made for each other. Another fab read! Onto book 4..
on 14 March 2014
This is another good book in this series. As soon as I finished book 2 I started this straight away.

Gabe Sullivan is a fire-fighter. He is on a job tackling a fire at a apartment block. When he is informed that a mother and child are still in their he does not think and heads straight in to rescue them. He finds Megan in the bathtub hold onto Summer her 6 year old daughter.

Gabe is attracted to Megan straight away but said he would never get date someone he rescues again after the last time when it went wrong. Megan does not want to date anyone after losing he fighter pilot husband. But Summer sees thinks different and what she wants - can she have?

I loved this story once again like all the others. But Summer is just great and had me giggling away a few times. If you have not read this series I really recommend it and start with book 1.
on 14 August 2012
Bella has done it again! I have no idea how she writes a series where every book is so different but all are equally breathtaking!

This is as different from the first two as you could get - and i loved it!

Gabe like every other Sullivan male is gorgeous and completely Alpha, but this book has him brought to his knees by Megan and Summer and he repeatedly shows his romantic, caring, protective side without being overbearing - not easy for any alpha! This story is so heart-wrenching it brought me to tears more than once, but equally there was plenty of passion and steam, joy and happiness all completed with mountains of Sullivan meddling.

Definitely a book i will be reading again and again.

You will not fail to fall in love with The Sullivans more with each book you read.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Gabe is a firefighter and Megan is the woman he rescues. They each have reasons which appear good to them why they should not get involved despite their instant attraction but they find themselves drawn to each other in spite of their sensible instincts.

Apart from the lusting after each other there isn't a lot to this book and I did find the speed with which they fell for each other a bit much to take - I really would have liked some sense of development in the relationship rather than achieving full speed almost instantly. If there has been a little less lust and intensity in the relationship then there might have been room for a more detailed story which I would have welcomed.

Well enough written, but I would have liked the relationship to develop at a slower pace.
on 4 November 2013
What I like about this series is every sibling is totally different. There jobs are so diverse it gives every tale a different twist.
The passion Gabe has for Megan can only be described as HOT. What else do you expect from a fireman.
on 21 December 2011
I love all Bella Andre's books and this one is no exception. Love reading the latest installment about the Sullivan Clan. They are all too good to be true. Andre is the master at creating the male hero that every woman dreams about.
on 27 May 2013
OK book, took a while to finish..... I kept putting it down, the story line with the seven year old who can cook, go sledging alone, and is the grown- up in the family was a little off putting. I wanted to speak to the mother.....
on 19 February 2015
Loving this series so much, and this story helps to to really feel the love between Gabe and Megan. It's as if they have a compelling infinity with each other and also Megan's daughter Summer who absolutely adores Gabe, perhaps more so as he saved their lives from their burning building doing his job as a fireman. Megan feeling the attraction for Gabe, but being a widow,loosing her fighter pilot husband to an unaddressed death two years is reluctant to continue the attraction she has for him. Fortunately love has other ideas and Megan cannot simply deny her heart. So love triumphs again.