5.0 out of 5 stars You could do a lot worse for a Christmas read!
I first read Sarah Morgan's work last Christmas, not realising that it was a Mill's and Boon. I have to say I didn't think it would be up to much and was pleasantly surprised. I snapped this up when I was offered it on vine.

Published 22 months ago by C. Rucroft

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay read
This was two stories but connected ones from mills and boon.

The first story is about Bryony who's little duaghter wants a dad and this encourages Bryony to date, there is only one man who is the one for her though really but she doesn't think he is interested.
Published 20 months ago by Thinker

5.0 out of 5 stars You could do a lot worse for a Christmas read!, 18 Oct 2012
C. Rucroft "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Once Upon a Christmas: The Doctor's Christmas Bride / The Nurse's Wedding Rescue (Lakeside Mountain Rescue) (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I have to say, this is one of the most beautiful Christmas covers. It instantly put me in the Christmas spirit, even though it's October!

As always, this has two stories - Bryony's and Helen's. They are both opposite stories. Helen is trying to avoid love and Bryony is trying to avoid it, with interesting results!

Sarah Morgan's books are always good, Christmassy reads. They aren't going to be winning any literary prizes anytime soon but I think you could do a lot worse than kick off your Christmas reading list with this. And it just goes to show that I shouldn't judge a book by it's publisher!

4.0 out of 5 stars charming warm story, 6 Oct 2012
Mrs. A. Wright "wright0072" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book was I believe originally 2 short books that have been combined. I think it is clear that it is divided but this did not detract from the enjoyable reading experience.
The first part tells the tale of Bryony and Jack and Bryony's daughter Lizzie who plays a vital role. The theme is a christmassy one and the story is the usual romance with quite a few little twists.The second part tells the story of Oliver (Bryony's brother)
and Helen who has been jilted. The story is told amid a background of hospital, general practice and mountain rescue which gives a good solid feel to the story. The medical parts are authentic and quite detailed without blinding the reader with science. All the characters are very likeable and essential to the plot. I do think Jack and Oliver are just too good to be true and at times Jack is just a little over the top But hey! we can dream can't we and Jack's action often bring humour to the situation.
It was a pleasant undemanding read and I enjoyed it very much. I look forward to reading Tom's story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once Upon A Christmas, 5 Nov 2012
I really enjoyed this book. You have two stories in this book.

The first story is about Bryony being a single parent to Lizzie. Lizzie puts on her christmas list that she wants a daddy for christmas. Bryony has one month to try and find a daddy for Lizzy. I loved this story as Lizzie is just brilliant and has you laughing out loud.

The second story is about Helen Bryony's best friend who has just been jilted 2 days before her own wedding. Helen is not looking for love as she is a bit of a bad way.

Great read to also get you in the mood for christmas.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay read, 13 Dec 2012
Thinker (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was two stories but connected ones from mills and boon.

What i found with this story is I found the lead male in the story to be so alpha male it made it seem a bit fake, so was really not very believeable.

Then was the story of helen, this was about a woman who had just had her heart broken and yet found she and oliver were really attracted to each other and they were a more likeable match and so the story was better.
Also the first story with Bryony was very medical romance and that is not my thing, the second was way better.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Pleasant surprise, 27 Mar 2013
I dont usually read mills and boon types of books but this one had good reviews so thought I would try it! and I was pleased I did.
Once I had gotten over the fact that yes everybody is amazingly goodlooking amazing at their jobs and has a lovely life!!!! I really started to enjoy the stories and liked the characters and it made me want to move there and live among them haha!!
Definatly give it a go if you want a light happy read :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 18 Nov 2013
Recently read Sleigh Bells in the Snow by Sarah Morgan and loved it, this one really isn't a patch on it. The female characters are incredibly irritating and have the most ridiculous responses to situations. Overall just a bit dull.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once upon.a Christmas, 9 Mar 2013
Loved it a,true romance we all want an Oliver :-) loved where it was set loved the snowy surroundings brilliant book

5.0 out of 5 stars Once up on a Christmas, 9 Mar 2013
Another great book from Sara Morgan full of romance and great christmas story pulls at your heart strings apleasure to read

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab story, 26 Feb 2013
I really, really enjoyed this story, and didn't want it to finish. I imagined the characters as they are described well, and the scenery descriptions made me feel the cold and wind of the peeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars two friends two wishes.., 21 Feb 2013
Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Once Upon A Christmas by Sarah Morgan for me was a lovely read, one I would compare to putting on your favourite slippers full of fluffiness with added sunshine within the pages.
While one girl is seeking a man to please her gorgeous daughter her friend is terrified of getting hurt again. But like all Mills & Boon books the girls get their knights in shining armour with a couple of near misses along the way.
Once Upon a Christmas for me was a delightful read which I would recommend to all girls who like nothing better than a good old romantic liaisons to read about with an added cocktail of a couple of handsome men for the simple reason to aid us with our own dreaming of our own knights in shining armour to save us from all the bad men our Mummies warned us about.