4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and quirky
Published 17 months ago by Uenna

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good Sarah Morgan
I have about 25 of Sarah Morgan's books and love it when a new one is out! They vary from 5 stars (Doukakis' Apprentice, Once a Ferrara Wife and Defying the Prince) to 3 stars.

Published 21 months ago by Jane E. (UK)

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and quirky, 27 July 2013
Uenna (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sold to the Enemy (Mills & Boon Modern) (Paperback)
This SM book will generates different feelings in different readers. While my daughter did not like it becuase she found the heroine annoying, I felt the heroine was funny and the storyline quirky. I could see both aspects of the heroine being funny and annoying. It is not a classic SM but it was original and funny enough to hold my attention.So what did I like best about it, I liked the concept of the heroine Selene Antaxos,being very pure, innocent, idealistic and somewhat smart, but at the same time very naive and not so street smart trying to escape from her father. On a background of coming from a rich perfect family which on the surface looks very perfect but beneath this veneer lies an abusive father and husband. She decided to ally herself with the one man that does not fear her powerful father Stefan Zaikas.She was not sold to the enemy as the title suggests, but she voluntarily allied with him.

She was refreshing in her belive in the Stefan and did not hesistate to speak her mind and tell him how she felt. However throw in a flawed hero who is very distrustful of anyone and who does not do commitment or love, and has very low opinion of women, then we have a very funny and intriguing read.
This was a predicatable storyline, but the banter between the two was hilarious and funny. It was a typical SM booked filled with humorous banter and quirky one liners with a predicatable but romantic ending. I recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing......., 26 Mar 2013
I've been a fan of Sarah Morgan for some years but I thought this one was well below her usual standard. She usually creates characters who are likeable, interesting personalities with a strong storyline behind them. Not so in this case, I was bored by by chapter 3 but persevered thinking it would get better, sadly it didn't. Definitely not for me!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good Sarah Morgan, 24 Mar 2013

Sold to the Enemy has the Morgan wit and sparkle at the beginning when Selene (the innocent) tries to sell her candle business to Stefanos (millionaire rake). I liked the interaction between said Lothario's secretary and her berating him for his failed relationships and then she sends a nun in to see him! Stefan has just lost his date for the party - will the nun be willing to attend instead?

After that the book tends to the usual romantic formula and a smooth light hearted ending.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's okay - predictable and formulaic, 16 Mar 2013
Thought I'd get a light easy red for the hols - predictable. Good characters but not brill storyline. Finished it just to see if it ended the way I'd predicted - yes, exactly!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable book, 9 Mar 2014
this book had everything. great characters, a good story. I didn't want it to end and I couldn't put the book down until I had finished. Sarah Morgan is one of my favourite m & b writers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting storyline, 1 Aug 2013
I have read a few books by Sarah Morgan, her story lines are always interesting and the characters are all interesting

5.0 out of 5 stars Different in a good way, 25 May 2013
This was a new aspect if a mills and boon romance, and kept my interest. Characters were good and excellent story. Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit, 14 April 2013
I love the simplicity of mills and boon books but each writer can either make it or break it and Sarah really makes it. I am away in this dream world drinking champagne but also feeling the characters and story. Looking forward to my next happy ever after

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 15 Mar 2013
Thank you for a wonderful book really enjoyed reading it was a wonderful book to read looking forward to the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars sold to the enemy, 10 Mar 2013
i could not stop reading this, read this in one night, was quick and kept you wanting to read to the end

Sold to the Enemy (Mills & Boon Modern)
Sold to the Enemy (Mills & Boon Modern) by Sarah Morgan (Paperback - 18 Jan 2013)
Used & New from: £0.01