‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Romance not chick lit, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Summer Kisses (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book thinking by the cover design, that it would be chick lit. This is more of a romance novel than chick lit. I still enjoyed this very much. There are two stories in this book, both set on the Island of Glenmore. There is adult content to the romances but that is not the main focus of the story. I enjoyed reading about the developing friendship and love of the couple in the first story - Flora and Connor, and loved the ending! The second story was also enjoyable but of the two, I think that I enjoyed the first story the most. In the second story Jenna has just come through a painful divorce but finds solace on the island - her teenage daughter doesn't make things any easier! I loved the supporting characters of the islanders who appear in both novels, giving a feeling of continuity. This is enjoyable escapism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !, 27 Oct 2012
Jen (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Kisses: The Rebel Doctor's Bride / Dare She Date the Dreamy Doc? (Glenmore Island Doctors) (Paperback)
I've just finished reading Sarah Morgan's medical romance double. Simply called Flora, after the heroine, I LOVE LOVE LOVED THIS STORY!
Conner, the island's bad boy is back and no-one will beleive in what capacity ! Not many women can resist this bad boy, not even sensible, shy Flora.
I felt so happy and uplifted after reading this story, it was great !
The second story in this double is "Jenna". This story is as fabulous as the first. A few more angst filled moments but still a really happy, uplifting feeling when I finished the book!
I really loved Sumner Kisses !

4.0 out of 5 stars An sparkly little read for your beach bag!, 12 Sep 2012
realovesbooks (South east London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Summer Kisses (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved the cover of Summer Kisses, I am a fool for bright covers with that added helping of glitter, so I had to pick this one up. I didn't realise until I got home that it is actually a Mills and Boon book and I was a little worried as my nan used to read their books and our taste in books are worlds apart!

This summer the sun has gone to everyone's heads...Flora and Jenna should be working busy shifts but something more fun has come up!
Two new arrivals have blown into Glenmore and life at the hospital could get tricky.

So it's time to set some rules. Flora's summer is simple: Avoid kissing Connor MacNeil. (He may be gorgeous, back in town and single...but he snogged everyone except you at school, remember!)

Jenna's summer 'Why I shouldn't fall in love with Dr Ryan McKinley' list is a little more complex...? I've been divorced less than a year ? I'm ordinary and he is a sex god ? I have my daughter to think of ? He might break my heart...It'-s so difficult to be good with temptation on the doorstep. But rules are rules. Summer is sunshine. And, just maybe, a wish is a kiss that might just come true!

Worry over I actually really enjoyed this book!

I was a little surprised with the set up of this book as it was actually two stories in one. I was really enjoying the first story and I found I was really warming to the characters and then suddenly it started to feel as though it was ending, how could this be when I am only half way through the book? That is because story two then started which is set in the same place as part one, with many of the same characters we met in the first story but just with different lead characters.

I much preferred the first story it felt fresh and inviting but I found the second book too similar to the first both had similar events that occurred so I would have much rather read a bit more of Flora's story.

I am sure anyone who loves books by Cathy Woodman and Lucy Dillon would love this book as Sarah Morgan has a similar writing style to these authors. Although I wouldn't class this book as chick lit the romance that is created between the characters are very similar to the romance element in chick lit.

If you are looking for a quick and easy read then this is one to pop in your bag for a relaxing day at the beach.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mills & Boon But Not As We Know It !, 20 Nov 2013
Have used this heading previously & have started what could well become a tradition;- buying a Sarah Morgan book to read while relaxing on holiday.
Have mentioned in another review that I would not normally look twice at a Mills & Boon publication but these special edition books are eye catching with lovely covers (yes, I know that's a pretty poor reason for buying them!)
This is the third one I have read & as with the others there are two separate stories to enjoy. Both light hearted romance & both equally enjoyable. The responses & comments made by the teenage daughter in the second story did make me smile!
Have probably had my fix of Mills & Boon until my next holiday beckons.It's my guilty pleasure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Read, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Summer Kisses (Kindle Edition)
This is another enjoyable escapism story - story one is about bad boy Conner & shy Flora, whereas story two concentrates on two divorces Ryan & Jenna who find love once more. Of the two stories I did prefer Conner & Flora's (because who doesn't love a bad boy???).

I love the way Sarah writes her books because although there is adult content to the story, it isn't the main focus, the main point of the story is two people falling in love and I love that although we know what the ending will be, there is always a slight twist of 'will they, won't they'.

And now I'm going to quote another review word for word, because it's spot on in my opinion:
"Ok, so the story was predictable but who cares?! It was a lovely story, romantic, passionate, left me wanting to read more. Will definitely be reading more of Sarah Morgan's books."

4.0 out of 5 stars in my mind they aren't quite as good as some of the others, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Summer Kisses (Kindle Edition)
Lovely read, I have read a fair few of Sarah Morgan's books, in my mind they aren't quite as good as some of the others, but I still enjoyed them. It's two different stories, the second one is about two years after the first. It's two different couples, two different stories but some of the characters are in both books.

5.0 out of 5 stars So romantic!, 24 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD LIGHT SUMMER READ, 15 Jun 2014
SARAH MORGAN BOOKS ARE STORIES THAT ARE LIGHT ENOUGH TO ENJOY IN A RELAXING WAY, BUT FULL OF INTERESTING INFORMATION WHEN IT COMES TO THE PROFESSIONS OF HER CHARACTERS, USUALLY MEDICAL STAFF. SOME OF THE STORIES SET IN THE LAKE DISTRICT INVOLVE THEM IN MOUNTAIN RESCUE, AS WELL AS THEIR DEMANDING JOBS AT THE LOCAL HOSPITAL. THIS BOOK HAS TWO STORIES SET ON A SCOTTISH ISLAND, AND ONE OF THEM INVOLVES A COASTAL RESCUE OPERATION. ROMANCE FEATURES AS A PART OF LIFE, BUT NOT OVER-THE-TOP AS I BELIEVE MILLS AND BOON WERE WELL KNOWN FOR MANY YEARS AGO. I FIND THEIR AUTHORS, ESPECIALLY SARAH MORGAN EXCELLANT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great., 16 May 2014
This review is from: Summer Kisses (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put it down! I love the thought of this gorgeous remote island and the community. Also it seemed such a bonus to have two stories for the price of one! Oh and those summer kisses!.....ahhhhhh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Summer Kisses (Kindle Edition)
This book is the perfect holiday beach book. The delivery was very fast, price was good and i would definatley buy from here again!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›