on 25 June 2012
First of all this is my first EVER read, by writer Carole Mortimer, and I have to say I was really impressed with this story! It is sexy yet subtle at the same time...
Gemini Bartholomew and Drakon Lyonedes have the hottest chemistry, it literally leaps off the pages! Phew!

Their personalities compliment eachother perfectly and I found myself really drawn into the story from the outset! Drakon is incredibly sexy and Gemini is well a 'Gem' she has a lovely character!! The book has a good pace, what Carole does brilliantly is keep the reader hanging on a string...you want more and more each time you turn the page! Lots of anticipation!!

Drakon is after something that Gemini holds very dearly to her heart, she wants it back! He is the only one who can really help her. So the question is does he?

I will leave this for you to find out!

I gave this book 4 stars because it was missing ONE thing that all romantic novels have! Again I will leave this for you the readers to mull over...if this added ingredient were in this novel! I would have given 5 stars!

There is also another book which I think will be released soon as part of the 'Lyonedes Legacy' with Drakos` cousin Markos...of which I cannot wait to read! This will be the second book to complete the series.

I reccommend this book to all Mills and Boon readers who perhaps havent read anything of Carole Mortimer, I had not until I found this book. I was pleasantly surprised as I do have my 'preferred authors' however I can definitely say I will be reading her next novel which will follow 'Defying Drakon'

Happy reading!
on 6 April 2013
Great read, believable characters, opera in Verona and passion.
What more do you need, he is the perfect Prince Charming to her Snow White... Evil stepmother etc. re readable.
on 23 January 2013
Great story and it's sequel good too. An easy read with a lovely happy ending. Made for relaxed reading on a wintry day or holiday reading.
on 16 July 2013
A great read for a lazy summers afternoon. A good story with great characters which kept me totally absorbed. Really enjoyed this book.