5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A FANTASTIC BOOK!
Published on 3 Nov 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars Is she spending too much time with her alter ego Robb?
Published on 28 Mar 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A FANTASTIC BOOK!, 3 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I fell in love with the MacGregor Clan. In this installment of the MacGregor saga, we meet three of the MacGregor grandsons, DC, Duncan, and Ian. Talk about hunks! Each grandson meets their perfect bride, thanks to their softhearted and sneaky grandfather, Daniel MacGregor. We meet Layna, Catherine Mary "Cat" and Naomi. These three strong and independent women give the MacGregor men a run for their money. Also included in this book are Julia, Gwendolyn, and Laura (The MacGregor Brides), Serena and Justin Blade, Caine and Diana MacGregor, and of course Daniel and Anna MacGregor, the heads of the MacGregor clan. I must admit that out of the three, Ian and Naomi's story was my favorite. I can't wait til I read the other books in this saga. This is a great family to get to know. You'll love it almost as much as I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars I needed more info on the characters, 8 Mar 1999
By A Customer
First of all, I love the literature that Nora Roberts writes. However, with this book, I felt that it lacked something that her other novels have. I needed more information on the grooms. I felt this novel was RUSHED and did not have the time and care taken to it like many of her other novels.

1.0 out of 5 stars Is she spending too much time with her alter ego Robb?, 28 Mar 1999
By A Customer
I like Nora Roberts, I really do. I have all of her books - but this one and the Mcgregor Brides - I donated to charity. I think the problem is she has written so very many fine novels, that her loyal fans, anticipate more from her than those who are reading her for the first time. She needs to go back and rework these (and send us all free copies). Also the Mcgregor Bride doll is an insult to all who have truly read this series - it doesn't even look like one of the fiesty Mcgregor women!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delay at airport, 12 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I purchased this book at the airport gift shop while I had extra time. Thinking with three stories I would be able to put it down without a problem. I got so involved I nearly missed my flight. All three of Daniel's grandsons are handsome and the brides that were 'hand-picked' for each grandson fit into their lives like a duck takes to water. After reading this, I went out and purchased the trilogy "Sea Swept" "Rising Tides" and I'm going to get "Inner Harbor" next. The men and women in this trilogy seem so real and you can just picture things as you go on reading. Nora Roberts has a way of bringing her charaters to life and you feel you're part of the story. I'm looking forward to getting back with the "MacGregors and their families." While looking through amazon I found out there is a lot of catching up to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars She just keeps getting better and better, 10 Oct 1998
By A Customer
Nora Roberts is back again with another episode of the MacGregor series. This time, Daniel has a few helpers in the matchmaking/ cupid role that he has assigned himself. Such favorite charachters as Myra Ditmyer and Reed Valentine ( from the O'Hurley series) make mentionable pages of this book. Another winner for Nora Roberts!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good , but I was expecting better, 22 Oct 1998
By A Customer
I have fell in love with Nora Roberts's books. I have been waiting on pins and needles for this book to be released. But now after reading the book, I shouldn't have been so excited waiting for the release. I was just expecting more. In the MacGregor Brides you meet the characters and then revistied them in the following chapters. The only time this happens is in the last section, and that does not include D.C. or Duncan. (D.C. is Julia's brother give me a break. We don't even see him after the baby is born.) Don't get me wrong the book was good, I think I was just expecting more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, although wish there was more of it..., 23 Jun 1999
By A Customer
I definitely wished there was more to this book, on all three men. I really loved the story of D.C. and Layna. The one thing I do like about this book is that it is split into three separate stories. But I do feel Nora Roberts could have done more with this story.

1.0 out of 5 stars This family is too perfect to be real, 11 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I recently read both the MacGregor Brides & Grooms, and that was ENOUGH for me! These people are just too good to be true, all gorgeous, ivy-league educated, to the manor born and brought together in marriage by their 90-something patriarch Daniel Duncan MacGregor(he must be pushing 100 by now). Old Daniel is the ultimate meddling, busybody grandfather who means well but pushes prospective mates on everyone in his family, God forbid someone decides to pass on marriage and family and be on their own! These two books were it for me, and I think I'll stick to the other Nora Roberts stories I've always enjoyed over the years. This series is too much!

2.0 out of 5 stars silly, 4 July 1999
By A Customer
Is anyone beside me getting tired of the McGregors? I don't mind books about other family members but story after story after story about the same family members and now a re-issue of the beginning of the same family is a bit much. I feel this is just a money-grubbing effort that takes very little work on the author's part. I like The Reef and I just finished River's End so I am a fan of Nora Roberts but I will not buy anything more that says anything about the McGregors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay! She's back with a vengeance!, 29 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I went through a period of extreme disenchantment with Ms Roberts. I thought the Magregor Brides was insipidly ordinary to say the least and didn't warm to any of the characters. It felt like a re-hash of an old story and yes, although Ms Roberts does favour the trio stories, she normally does them very well.
With the Magregor Grooms she is back to her very light and FUNNY style that I love. Ian and Duncan are especially lovely and I really liked the women in this story. I thought they were likeable and interesting. Highly recommended!

The Macgregor Grooms (The MacGregors)
The Macgregor Grooms (The MacGregors) by Nora Roberts (Paperback - 11 April 2011)
Used & New from: 0.01