5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!
Finally, we have the story we've all been waiting for, that of Daniel and Anna MacGregor. From start to finish, I was absolutely enthralled. I couldn't put it down. We can definitely see where the rest of the MacGregors get their stubborn pride, dignity, will to succeed, and their passion. Daniel and Anna were as amazing then as they are now. It was a little weird for...
Published on 24 Mar 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Anticipation and disappointment...
In this latest installment, we get to see how it all began. The MacGregor patriarch, Daniel, meets his Anna and begins a spirited, relentless courtship. Anna, however, has other plans. I was SO looking forward to seeing how these two got together, and was surprised by the lack of anything really interesting going on between these two. In short, I was BORED. I've...
Published on 23 Mar 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars The MacGregors Series, 8 Jan 2013
Bought for Scotland/Romance story obsessed mother. She liably informs me they are fab and she would recommend them to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars thank you, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: The MacGregors: Daniel & Ian (Mills & Boon Special Releases) (Paperback)
great book , fab read, turned up nice and quick.
I really enjoy reading about the MacGregors, and what he "The MacGregor" get's up too. the way it is written so you get like a thought of The MacGregor is great, you feel like you really get to know him .

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 17 May 2008
Having read all of the MacGregors series I had been waiting for this one, and boy was it worth the wait! Even though the rest of the series is about him matchmaking for his children/grandchildren its Daniel you fall in love with each time. Anna is a wonderful woman and when we go back to when she fell in love with Daniel, we see what a spunky forward thinking young woman she was. Her and Daniels battles are well written showing that his habit of thinking he knows best was something he was born with. I loved that Anna had her own mind and ignored all gossip to follow her heart. An excellent book.
The additional story of Ian MacGregor a look back generations before Daniel existed is also wonderful, an unexpected treat. I love how Nora writes of strong women even in times when they were seen as the "weaker sex". In conclusion yet one more reason I love Nora Roberts, her books are witty, passionate and heartfelt, I finish her books feeling I know the characters and am always sad to reach the last page.

2.0 out of 5 stars This book was the pits!!!!!!!, 11 May 1999
By A Customer
Daniel-Ian was a very boring book. I was disappointed in it because it lacked the spark of her others. Ian's story was definitely boring: It took me forever to drag myself through it. I hope to like Serena-Caine better!!!!!.

1.0 out of 5 stars The only Nora Roberts book I did not like., 12 April 1999
By A Customer
I would like more of the modern MacGregors, e.g. Amelia, Adria, Matthew.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its the love for family that pulls me in..., 22 Mar 1999
By A Customer
The MacGregors are a wonderful family that you wish were yours, a little on the too perfect side but quite lovable. Daniel MacGregor is a person I would love to be able to meet, and I am looking forward to reading the history of the family and am hoping that Nora Roberts marries off the whole family, because if their going to be perfect, well....let's do it right. Smile

4.0 out of 5 stars The MacGregors saga, 20 Mar 1999
By A Customer
If I know the MacGregors in real life, I'd probably hate their guts. Beautiful, successful, charismatic, a 100% success track record, and money to put Bill Gates to shame. Oh well, but they are fun to read nonetheless.
I'm initiated to the MacGregors when I first read "The MacGregor Brides". Hence I've waited for Daniel's story to be reissued. My verdict? It's enjoyable, but it definitely shows its age. Daniel is the quissential chauvinistic arrogant hero so ubiquitous in the romances of the 80s. It's enjoyable, but not a keeper.
"In From The Cold" is slightly better, but it's too short to really make an impact.
It is telling that despite its age, I enjoy "For Now, Forever" much more than the 1999 MacGregor book "The Perfect Neighbour".

5.0 out of 5 stars I haven't read Daniel's story yet., 17 Mar 1999
By A Customer
I'm still waiting for Daniel's story to be released. I've read everything that Nora has written about The MacGregor's. I have loved every moment spent in their company. The MacGregor is the perfect father and grandfather, I can't way.
Thanks for writing such great books.
Elaine Gibson

1.0 out of 5 stars So awful - unfortunately, not typical Nora Roberts' quality., 10 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I have read every Nora Roberts book out there (all I usually need is to see her name, and I buy it, no questions asked), and never written a review. But this book was SO BAD, I had to warn you all. The characters are boring (and not very likeable), the dialog is boring, the story is useless...

ARRAY(0xa6f909c0)

The MacGregors: Daniel & Ian (Mills & Boon Special Releases)
The MacGregors: Daniel & Ian (Mills & Boon Special Releases) by Nora Roberts (Paperback - 25 Feb 2011)
6.39