5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A FANTASTIC BOOK!
I fell in love with the MacGregor Clan. In this installment of the MacGregor saga, we meet three of the MacGregor grandsons, DC, Duncan, and Ian. Talk about hunks! Each grandson meets their perfect bride, thanks to their softhearted and sneaky grandfather, Daniel MacGregor. We meet Layna, Catherine Mary "Cat" and Naomi. These three strong and independent...
Published on 3 Nov 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars Is she spending too much time with her alter ego Robb?
I like Nora Roberts, I really do. I have all of her books - but this one and the Mcgregor Brides - I donated to charity. I think the problem is she has written so very many fine novels, that her loyal fans, anticipate more from her than those who are reading her for the first time. She needs to go back and rework these (and send us all free copies). Also the...
Published on 28 Mar 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars If you love Nora Roberts, you'll love this, 6 Jun 2011
This review is from: The MacGregor Grooms (Mills & Boon Single Titles) (Mills & Boon Special Releases) (Paperback)
Bought this for my sister-in-law, after having bought her The MacGregor Brides earlier, which she thoroughly enjoyed. As I didn't know there was a whole library of Nora Roberts books out there I am pretty sure I bought these out of order, but they seem to stand up perfectly well as books in their own right without having to read the foreunners first.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read......, 31 May 2011
Had not read any Nora Roberts books until recently & I can't understand why!
I read the Brides quartet first & then started on the MacGregor series. Bought the Mcgregor Grooms from Amazon as the price was exceptional for a new book & I throughly enjoyed this light hearted romance.
I will definately make sure that I read all other titles in this series but in the meantime I have also read the first book in the Nora Roberts "Dream trilogy" which I can also recommend.
Overall though, I have to say that my favourites so far are the Bride quartet & I hope ther are further tales to build on this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars The MacGregor Grooms, 29 Dec 2010
This book is brilliant. Daniel MacGregor has married of his grand-daughters and is now marrying of his grandsons. You follow the ups and downs right from when each boy first meets the girls they are going to marry.

The book is in three sections - one for each grandson so it is really easy to follow.

This book is full of romance and will also having you laughing out loud at some of the things they get up to. If you read the MacGregor brides then you will love this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great easy reading romance, 10 May 1999
By A Customer
I loved this book and have since continued on reading all of the MacGregor books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Can Daniel be my Grampa?, 20 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I have always enjoyed Ms. Robert's books and this is no exception! This series is all so sweet and sexy that I have read the books in record time! I believe Ian's section is my favorite. Why aren't there men out there like him! Can't wait to read the next one!

1.0 out of 5 stars This family is too perfect to be real, 11 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I recently read both the MacGregor Brides & Grooms, and that was ENOUGH for me! These people are just too good to be true, all gorgeous, ivy-league educated, to the manor born and brought together in marriage by their 90-something patriarch Daniel Duncan MacGregor(he must be pushing 100 by now). Old Daniel is the ultimate meddling, busybody grandfather who means well but pushes prospective mates on everyone in his family, God forbid someone decides to pass on marriage and family and be on their own! These two books were it for me, and I think I'll stick to the other Nora Roberts stories I've always enjoyed over the years. This series is too much!

5.0 out of 5 stars One you can never forget!, 10 Jan 1999
By A Customer
Wow! this book was ALMOST as great as Nora Robert's Macgregor Brides. Every story had it's unique character and plot. With D.C., the couple both love each other, but deny it. In Duncan's story, they just wanted to keep it an affair, but them it got too steamy. The best storiy was Ian's. He had the most interesting relationship. It almost made me cry. Correction. It did make me cry. As usual, the last one is the best one. I won't even tell you about it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pure Fluff...what a disappointment, 7 Dec 1998
By A Customer
What a bunch of fluff. The short length required to fit three stories into 1 volume is not long enough to delve into the characters. Her recent recented The Winning Hand about the oldest grandson was much better because she was able to use 200+ pages to develop the story. The situations seemed contrived. Read the book in the bookstore...don't buy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Nora is becoming my fav author!!!!, 3 Dec 1998
By A Customer
"The MacGregor Grooms" was a great book. However, I do like "The MacGregor Brides" better. This book was easy to read and follow. My favorite story was Ian and Naomi. Unlike the other stories, Naomi wasn't born beautiful. She was pudgy, insecure and shy. Ian convinces her otherwise. I can hardly wait to read "The Winning Hand", and "Serena and Caine." She has a great talent for writing, and I haven't read one of hers yet that I didn't like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay! She's back with a vengeance!, 29 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I went through a period of extreme disenchantment with Ms Roberts. I thought the Magregor Brides was insipidly ordinary to say the least and didn't warm to any of the characters. It felt like a re-hash of an old story and yes, although Ms Roberts does favour the trio stories, she normally does them very well.
With the Magregor Grooms she is back to her very light and FUNNY style that I love. Ian and Duncan are especially lovely and I really liked the women in this story. I thought they were likeable and interesting. Highly recommended!

ARRAY(0xa476fdc8)