This is another two-story compendium of festive romance novels previously published by Harlequin, but please do not let the M&B tag put you off them! I have read Sarah Morgan's other festive collection and those, like this one, are wonderful reads to curl up with at this time of year.

These stories like the others are based in the Lake District (wonderful...
Published on 12 Dec 2011 by Nicola F (Nic)

3.0 out of 5 stars Angels in the Snow
An enjoyable romance. A bit long winded and far fetched, but a little bit of fantasy on a cold is OK
Published 7 months ago by swansong

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Sparkling Christmas romances with a guaranteed happily ever after, 12 Dec 2011
Nicola F (Nic) (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Angels in the Snow: Snowbound: Miracle Marriage / Christmas Eve: Doorstep Delivery (Paperback)

These stories like the others are based in the Lake District (wonderful setting at Christmastime) and feature characters who work in the hospital there. The characters are developed very well and are spread across both tales with a little bit of an overlapping plot; the stories themselves are cosy and charming- all about the magic of Christmas with guaranteed happy endings.

Story one is Daniel Buchanan's story. Commitment-phobic Daniel broke up with his fiancé Stella at Christmas two years previously, only now she's back in town and Daniel realises that his feelings for her have never disappeared. Can the magic of Christmas bring them back together, or will they need a little bit of help?

**I did like Daniel as a character; it was obvious that his childhood had affected the way he thought about things as an adult which I found to be nicely explained. His flashes of jealousy were also quite cute. The writing in this story flowed very well and I found myself sympathising with Stella and what she had been put through. The characters were believable and likeable and I did want the best for them. Overall I would give this story a 3.5/5.**

Story two is Patrick's story. Patrick is Daniel's twin brother and he too doesn't have particularly fond memories of the holiday season, especially since his wife walked out on him and his kids two years earlier. This year his ten-year-old son has decided that his dad needs a woman in his life- so assertively takes matters into his own hands and advertises for a housekeeper. She'll be doing more than just taking care of the cooking though...

**This was a feel-good story of families, children and relationships. I enjoyed it more than story 1 I think, because Patrick was a more likeable person than his brother and Alfie was just too cute for words. Hayley was a bubbly chatterbox and a very realistic person. The children added a nice dimension of humour to the story and the chemistry between the leads was well done. Overall I would rate this 4/5.**

Like I've said, these are really nice stories- more modern M&B ones that have a bit of substance about them, though still full of the generic M&B formula with jealousies, misunderstandings and the like. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this book (or Morgan's other one) if you are looking for a cosy, romantic read though- give them a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Read, 16 July 2014
I was introduced to Sarah Morgan's book with this one by my Auntie during the Christmas period of 2013. I read this book as I went to bed at night and it didn't take me long to do so - I was hooked. And as a result I have bought all her other books on my Kindle.

This is a split story of two brothers, showing us their lives & relationships - Daniel & Stella and Patrick & Hayley. On the surface Daniel is portrayed to be more of a 'Jack the lad' (although we realise this not to be the case), whereas Patrick is a family man, with two children.

I enjoyed reading both stories, but I think I preferred Daniel's to Patrick's just a little bit more, but I think that was because Daniel is more of a 'bad boy' than Patrick. However, both stories left me wanting more and I suppose that is what any author wants.

I gave this book to my Mum to read after me, but she wasn't as keen as she is a retired nurse and isn't into reading 'medical' stories.

I would definitely recommend this book (and all others by Sarah Morgan) if you like passion, romance and a bit of humour. This is a perfect book for the autumn/winter seasons; ideal for a duvet day

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable!, 24 Nov 2011
C. Rucroft "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I have to be honest, I bought this book not realising it was published by Mills and Boon. I was a bit put off and thought the story wouldn't be up to much (fickle I know!)

Wrong, wrong, wrong! This story involves the same characters but is split up into Patricks story and Daniel's story. They are brothers so their stories naturally overlap. Both stories had that 'feel good factor' and romance. This is the first book I have read this year that is actually about Christmas, which got me into the festive mood.

It kept me really interested in the story and I found it very easy to read. Perfect for a lazy Sunday in front of the fire! I'm off to buy Sarah's next stand alone novel - Wish Upon A Star (Mills & Boon Special Releases).

5.0 out of 5 stars heart warming fun, 23 Nov 2010
If you like authors like Trisha Ashley, Miranda Dickinson etc and you like light hearted Chick lit, you will love this book. Its fairly short so ideal for a duvet day or a cold winters sunday morning in front of the fire.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 24 May 2014
another brilliant cant put down chicklit, romantic, frustrating and easy to read predictable this is what a perfect chicklit should be

5.0 out of 5 stars angels, 4 Feb 2014
Great light romantic reading, can really get into the book from page one. Recommend to anyone, great holiday read. Could not put down

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Feb 2014
Read in front of a cosy log fire and you will not want to move until you have read the book. Great stories. What more do you want Christmas, babies all in one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Angels in the Snow, 24 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 13 Jan 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, Sarah Morgan is a great author. Her books were recommended to me and I would definitely recommend her books to everyone. :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good easy reading, 13 Jan 2014
mazamet@guernsey.net (Guernsey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
Like all of Sarah Morgan's books a good book which is easy to pick up and read, with a good story

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›