5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly touching
Published on 25 Mar 2009 by Anna Wilkinson

This book was ok but not fantastic. I prefer the historical books where the romance is about something real rather than this which appears to be more about being a romance novel that happens to be set in the past.
Published 13 months ago by np

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly touching, 25 Mar 2009
Anna Wilkinson (skegness united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marriage Under Siege (Mills & Boon Historical) (Paperback)
This was the first book I read from the author Anne O Brien and I really liked it. It is the story of a widow who was married to a man she loathed, being offered a marriage of convenience to as very attractive man who wants to consolidate his inheritance. Later, the castle they inherit is besieged by Royalists with all kinds of consequences. It is a touching love story. The heroine, despite the fact she has been so unhappy is brave and her husband is really quite sexy even though they have a slow start to their romance. What starts as a marriage of convenience does not end that way. It's really well written and I enjoyed the story. Lots of interesting touches too. I can recommend this because I really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read.., 8 Dec 2012
I love history books and always found that when I was at School the books quite boring and they didn't leave me feeling I had learnt anything about the era or people around at the time. This is alongside Philippa Gregory's books an excellent way to read history and absorb what being a part of the era was about.. I would certainly recommend this book to history buffs and those studying this era.. Lots of background knowledge goes a long way..

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 30 Jan 2013
Love history and this book did not let me down . Great story excellent read could not put down. Have recommended to friends

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly readable but not up to the calibre of her usual work, 1 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 21 Nov 2012
This is the first I have read from Anne Obrien loved it so much I just bought another. I had a mental image of the characters from the start. I loved Honoria and her strong will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing, 14 July 2013
Louise Jones (Whitstable Kent) - See all my reviews
I could not put the book down and was so absorbed in it that I felt part of the story. At times it made me cry. I would recommend this book to anyone

4.0 out of 5 stars Historical facts, 26 Sep 2012
Mrs. J. A. Ferris (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marriage Under Siege (Paperback)
I did enjoy this book. The story telling was good, and I could identify the historical period and facts of events, albeit with authors licence to involve the characters, and the general story line. Always wanted to pick it up and bury myself in the ongoing saga of the characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars another great book, 1 Jun 2014
This is my last read by Anne O'Brien all now completed. Will find it difficult to find such enjoyable reads as I have in all her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent writer of historical books, 23 May 2014
Once again a wonderful book bringing to life the history of our country in a fictional setting. Couldn't put the book down

4.0 out of 5 stars historical bodice ripper, 8 May 2014
One of Anne O'Brien's better novels. I have faith in the historical accuracy but find the overly sexed story telling undervalues her writing style.

Marriage Under Siege (Mills & Boon Historical)
Marriage Under Siege (Mills & Boon Historical) by Anne O'Brien (Paperback - 4 Mar 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01