on 18 August 2011
Another fantastic book by Deborah. This wasn't as good as the first 2 but still a excellant book especially as I though I would end up disliking Simon yet he may be arrogant yet he becomes witty and fun in this book. This is the 3rd in the De Burgh series and carries on with Simon who goes out looking for a fight and get one but what he doesn't expect is 2 be beating by a women and this annoys him yet at the same time he becomes intrigued by Bethia and cannot help going back for more fights.
Bethia has escaped from a loveless match made by her ill father and although she wants to be seen as one of the men whenever Simon is around she cannot help but feel drawn to him so when he offers to help her regain her land and break into her manor house to try regain back what she has lost she cannot help but excepting his help yet doesn't like him taking charge.
The y both notice the attraction between them, while Simon is confused as to what his intentions are, Bethia doesn't want to give away her independance. Can they work out there feeling before it s to late.
A other fantastic story by D. Simmons full of witty comments and story lines, with fantastic and loveable characters and a great happy ending. A must for all those reading the De Burgh series anf for those who love romance.
on 12 March 1999
She's done it again, that is to say she has thrilled us with another witty, creative and lustful tale surrounding the "Campion Bros". Robber Bride was great.... Simon, who I must confess was my least favorite brother won my heart! The story while captivating was a quick and easy read ( a one-nighter for sure). Of course, now Simmons has me absolutely panting to know who will be the next DeBurgh to bite the "bachelorhood dust"......frankly I can't wait to find out how Stephen and Reynold are to be transformed.....What A Prize!
on 15 August 2005
Two warriors who from first meeting rubbed each other up the wrong way, friction between them made the air electric. Only problem was one was a woman who should be subserviant and humble before this man, but she was a WARRIOR who felt herself equal if not superior to this man who dared to dictate to her. Neither wanted to accept that the friction was actually sexual heat and attraction between them. They had both met their match, both would be losers or both would win beyond any expectation.
on 20 April 1999
This was the first of Deborah Simmons books that I have read. I loved it!!! I loved the way that Ms. Simmons let the leading lady stay independent and strong throughout the whole book. So many romance novels lets the man dominate the woman, or the woman starts off independent and then succombs to the man. I have told all of my friends about this book. I look forward to the rest of her books and hope they are similar.
on 17 May 1999
I have read all three books in the series about the De Burgh brothers that Ms. Simmons has written. Each one has been an entirely imaginative and entertaining story. Robber Bride is not exception. GREAT!! Can't wait to see what happens with the other brothers!!
on 13 June 2010
This is the 3rd book in the De Burgh series. It tells the story of Simon De Burgh, who whilst on a mission for his brother Dunstan is captured by the lovely Bethia Burnel who he mistakes for a man due to her attire. Simon is a great fighter, one to match many a knight until he is bested by Bethia and so the battle commences. They are sexually attracted to each other but stubbornly both try to fight it. Eventually they join forces so that Bethia can regain her home and release her father from captivity from the vicious Brice Scirvayne. Can she ever accept a man who seems to want to tether her down and can he accept a woman and treat her as his equal. Both embark on this story of discovery. She is the ultimate in girl power and its a pleasure to see her subdue her man from wolf to cub so to speak. Deborah even has some comedic episodes in the book in the guise of the steward Florian who is liken to the Molvolio charactor from Twelfth Night I did chuckle when reading about him. I cant wait to read the 4th book My Lord De Burgh to read who will be the next to be ensnared by marriage. Happy reading.