5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book on writing
This review probably will not pertain to you, probably will not be "helpful". I have little interest in architecture, but I discovered that this book presents me with an extended metaphor for a subject I teach: writing. I've read dozens of books on writing, but I guess I needed to hear old concepts taught in a fresh way, to have then sneak up on me, to see them...
Published on 5 Aug 2011 by Peter Stephens

2.0 out of 5 stars Well-designed emptiness
This short, postcard-shaped book is organised as a series of short observations about the practice of learning design. It is explicitly aimed at students of architecture: the author touts it as the book he wishes had existed in his own student days. However, it may be read by anyone interested in architecture who wonders how architects are trained to think about the...
Published on 30 May 2010 by Paul Bowes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 5*, 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
i loved it!!! i found it so helpful, especially as a first year architecture student. i often found that my lecturer's speak in terms that are long winded and hard to understand. this book really clears things up!! especially in the way it speaks of the importance of the 'process' rather than the finished result!!!! definate 5 stars!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for University, 16 Jan 2010
G. Southall "Avid shopper" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
I bought this for my son who is fanatical about architecture and wanted to study it at University. He has found the book very informative and interesting. He has now been offered a place at University and believes it will be useful for that. He has no complaints and so I cannot criticise the book. The order was placed and the book arrived very quickly. Very happy thank you...

4.0 out of 5 stars 101 Things I learned in Architecture School, 19 Nov 2009
Mr. L. Axford (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
I bought this to compare against what I thought I should have learned at uni; it turns out there was a few things in here I didn't feel like I had. Either way the book puts things into very simple ways to make it all accessible to configure out how to use it in real terms. A handy little thing to have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but Amusing,, 1 Nov 2009
FBl (Madrid , Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
I've enjoyed a lot reading this book, it's basic introduction for non-architects to architecture concepts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 16 Oct 2009
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
If you simply want to improve your architectural drawing skills, this book will give you some great little tips. It gives you a quick insight into how to make your drawings look more architectural without the seven years study. I feel this book offers good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars For niece, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School (Hardcover)
GIFT FOR MY NIECE WHO IS STUDYING ARCHITECTURE. uNFORTUNATELY IT IS OBVIOUSLY SUCH A GOOD CHOICE THAT SHE ALREADY HAD A COPY

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

101 Things I Learned in Architecture School
101 Things I Learned in Architecture School by Matthew Frederick (Hardcover - 9 Oct 2007)
7.66